If a male has sex with a female who is drunk, normally we would call it rape because she's unable to give informed (clearheaded) consent.

But if he's as drunk (not clearheaded) as she is, is it still rape?

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So, if she doesn't remember giving consent, we can't assume she didn't, can we? Good for the goose, good for the gander.

But basically, this also isn't the case proposed in the OP.

1 Man + 1 Drunk Woman + Sex = No consent possible, man committed rape.

1 Drunk Man + 1 Drunk Woman + Sex = No consent possible, both are rapists.

Does this answer the OP question?

No. Gender has nothing to do with anything legally (at least in most of Europe)  nor morally. Woman rape inebriated young men in college dorms (and it is just as traumatizing for them if they would not have consented). The Atlantic wrote an excellent article on the topic, link is below. One of the most important factors is who initiated sex with another person who is unable to consent or if one party was capable of stopping the sexual act with a person unable to consent yet did not stop it. Gender is irrelevant. Both people being drunk is irrelevant, both by the law and morally.

A woman or man having one glass of wine is unlikely to be incapable of consenting, perhaps less inhibited. Being drunk to the point that you cannot consent to simple human decisions...means anyone who initiates sex with this man or woman, for whatever reason or excuse  is guilty of sexual assault, just as would be the case with any other situation that causes harm be it dangerous activities or loss of resources/opportunities or damages etc.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/11/the-understudie...

Ok. I can rewrite to include your complaints. All humans are at or above Age of Consent.

1 Human + 1 Human + Sex = Consent possible, no rape.

1 Human + 1 Inebriated to the point of no consent Human + Sex = 1 Human committed rape.

1 Inebriated to the point of no consent Human + 1 Inebriated to the point of no consent Human + Sex = 2 Humans committed rape.

1 Inebriated to the point of no consent Human + 1 Inebriated to the point of no consent Human + Sex = 2 Humans committed rape.

Does this answer the OP question?

Yes, but I find to be a stupid answer. Perhaps if they are convicted of rape (as both should be, if one is), they could share a prison cell? You see the absurdity, right?

Woman rape inebriated young men in college dorms (and it is just as traumatizing for them if they would not have consented)

So you're saying the young men consented? And are in college so are adults... but it's still rape. If the worst trauma these young men have is having consensual sex while drunk, they're doing better than most.

Gender is irrelevant

Of course, it's just easier to talk about a man and a woman, and in some cases it evokes certain stereotypes.

One of the most important factors is who initiated sex with another person who is unable to consent

So, not what the question in the OP is talking about...

Both people being drunk is irrelevant

What if they are both only a little drunk? Drunk enough to claim they have been raped if they want to, but also still able to initiate sex and "capable of stopping the sexual act".

Being drunk to the point that you cannot consent to simple human decisions...means anyone who initiates sex with this man or woman, for whatever reason or excuse  is guilty of sexual assault

What if they are also "drunk to the point that you cannot consent to simple human decisions"?

Morally, yes. Even if you do not remember an act, you still performed the act, thus you are responsible.

So they raped each other? i.e. Drunk man had sex with drunk woman, he raped her. Drunk woman had sex with drunk man, she raped him.

Should they both feel ashamed of themselves for raping each other? Seems like the two kind of cancel each other out, no?

She Raped Him.  Put her in jail and throw away the key.

It's never rape if it's sex with me because all women want me and that's a scientific fact. :)

Prove it :)

In all my sexual encounters 1/2 of the people involved have agreed with my conclusion.

all women want me and that's a scientific fact

1/2 of the people involved have agreed

I must hereby conclude that you are full of shit.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service