Racist backlash against 2014 Coke Superbowl Commercial (America the Beautiful) in multilanguages

Apparently the racists had a bad day with this commercial because they are pissed that the song was sung in  different language and not the "official" language of the US; "English". Even though US has no official language and Coke was celebrating the diversity that is becoming in the US.

lol it is just funny how idiotic people can be.

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shame on them. I wonder what percentage of those racists would consider themselves to be Christians. I would say there is a high correlation between them. Anytime I challenge someone over a racist remark it turns out that they are also religious and proud to be so.

Perhaps it shows that citizens of non-English speaking countries can appreciate the awesome beauty and splendor of America. As a pragmatist, I promote the idea of the U.S. concentrating on English as it's default language simply because it makes the interaction of it's citizenry all the more practical. But I also applaud anyone who takes it upon themselves to learn another language. 

I'd like to teach the world to sing...in perfect...

It gave me goosebumps. That is such a beautiful melody. I thought it was a neat opportunity to hear other languages sung. 

I think it was meant to be provocative. It took a beautiful "American Christian Song" and made it into a beautiful multicultural song. Apropriating the traditional cultural "property" of patriotic Christian Americans and widening the circle of people who can make a claim to that song...it's like a giant musical metaphor of the worst fear of white supremacists.  Of course that ad riled up the racists--coke is probably loving the attention too. 

Things like this burst the bubble for people who pretend that we live in a "post racist" society. 

The interesting point is how many of them were bitching about the "national anthem" being sung in different languages, when it was America the Beautiful.  It just adds another layer of understanding regarding the people who were doing the complaining.

National Anthem? To what Union do they belong???

I wouldn't say racists. The truth is I was kinda annoyed that the song was sang around the world as if its a world wide anthem when its not. Andthe official language of America is English. I do find it funny that everyome wants to scream racism when people don't agree. Truthfully though, it was just a commercial and it doesn't mean anything, except to show how much people love to argue abouf irrelevant things.

on another note, liberals are a lot like christians in thinking that just because people don't agree, that they're being persecuted.

Face palm. It wasn't about globalizing the song...it was about expressing how multicultural America is.

When people "scream racism" and "people don't agree," it's almost always the racists that "don't agree."

It seems to "mean something" to people who feel strongly about it. Race relations aren't irrelevant...I suggest you read up on American history.

Services we love!

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service