My question is about masturbation as i find is my weakest link, specially regarding the argument that masturbating thinking in women or with images of women is degrading to them by converting them into a sex object. Argument to  which i hypocritically agree. My questions are, is this argument reasonable? are there other ways to approach that action? Is there a proper rebuttal besides the slippery-slope of "If it is not with woman, guys will start looking for pictures of animals or ..."?

Tags: Argument, Christianity, Religion, Sex, question

Views: 1405

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wonder what animals (other than humans) think about when they do it?

Ditch that ridiculous religious guilt. It's not a weak link. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it and you should not accept or agree with stupid propaganda like that even a little bit.

"It's degrading to women", oh now we're not even allowed to think about it? This feminazi shit is starting to become a religion it seems. What next, send us to hell for thinking about our neighbor's wife? Pffft!

There's this approach: It's your body and your mind and nobody else has anything to do with it, so you shouldn't give a shit about them.

Great answer. Word.

One should have a part of one's life which is personal and private and nobody's business but one's own. And if one's mind and interior life don't qualify, I can't imagine what could.

I can't prove that. It's a belief I think most people will accept as what scientists and mathematicians call "a primitive notion." That means an idea based on common sense or obviousness.

Looking for pictures of animals? Who would find a picture of a baboon sexy? Lol feminism is a funny thing. "Women as sex objects" well if they think we use women for sex then what do they think about women using men for money? Its the double standard some women like to use. And masturbating is cool as long as you do not do it like, everyday, then it becomes an addiction. Plus it helps you last longer
I don't understand the argument. Unless you're a virgin, you don't get to say "I'm not a sexual object." That's like if an ice cream man was like "I'm not an ice cream-making object." Um, yes you fucking are.

Guys, it's not that women do not want to be seen as sexual, but rather that they don't want to be seen as "objects".  And the ice cream man is a man who makes ice-cream, not an ice cream making object.

So, by "object" you mean seeing her as something which occupies a certain amount space(?). When you have sex with someone, they are the object of your attention.

Arousal is natural. Masturbation is just an elevation of that arousal. The anticipation of orgamsm is what perpetuates masturbation. You cannot choose who arouses you any more than you can choose what music you enjoy or art you appreciate.

Drop the guilt. My weakest link is cookies and milk at 2am... and then I masturbate.

You could eat the cookies while you masturbate you know, saves time and is more fun.

Then you get crumbs every where and that can be scratchy..

You're using the wrong hand.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service