What do you think about prostitution? Should it be legal? Have you ever tried it and, if yes, how?

EDIT: For anyone reading this, I am interested in whether you hired a prostitute, or offered your services in exchange of money. I am not looking for tips on how to hire a prostitute. :)

Views: 431

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am trying to be a mature and intelligent human being and discuss this rationally.  

If you can't handle that, then it isn't my fault.  Maybe you should unsubscribe to this thread instead?

There are words out there for a reason ... how offensive is it to say that one should not use words in a conversation that may be deemed 'offensive'?

I am offended that you are offended.  

Doone, 

Puhhhhhleeeaassssseeeee.  

You are implying now that it's ok to slander men because they are stronger and less narcissistic.  I am pretty sure that is offensive. 

Or you are implying that a more fragile male with a nice personality should not be slandered either because of their body size.  

If you are all going to try to make comments in regard to my comments, please try to make sure they have meaning behind them.

I find that 'nice' generalizations are just as absurd as 'negative' ones.  

I also thought you would be better than to make an empty claim such as 'You apparently do not spend much time with women'.  

The only thing you got right was the I 'am not a woman'.  

But I am feminine and I feel very comfortable stating this.  

Neal, 

There is a private message system for a reason.  Moderators usually know how to use it.  

If you are going to participate in a discussion and then tell me you are a moderator and that I should stop the discussion, then I have no respect for you 'as a moderator'.  

What you have essentially done is said 'I don't like this topic, so now I'm going to put my foot down instead of discussing this rationally or sending a private message to express my concerns as a moderator.' 

Adriana, 

There have been a few posts here that have mentioned there is no way to 'shame men'.  

This is a fallacious point, and I have been active in this part of the discussion to point this out.  

My mentioning of the word 'slut' can now be considered within the context of the entire conversation.  I am not using it to be derogatory, but to add to the points in the discussion.  

If I said 'women are sluts', or 'any female who has sex with a stranger is a slut', that would be more derogatory.  

If you pay careful attention to some of my posts, I am DEFENDING women from the derogatory term.  My comment about 'I love sluts' was meant as a facetious point to undermine the validity of the derogatory nature.  

Lets keep attacking the straw man here.  It's more fun, yeah?  (Sarcasm.)  

Neal, 

I am not the one who took my jacket off to display a 'Super Moderator' shirt underneath :P

I am not saying anything is 'not my fault' , nor am I blaming you for any 'fault'.  

And yeah, I can barely make out it says moderator even when you point it out to me.  

Neal, please read my later posted comments, as I believe I have done a better job at clarifying a few things.  Thanks.  

Adriana, 

Good point.  Thanks for the clarification.  I will send Morgan a PM and express my concerns with the issue.  

How about a woman?  Or Jane or whatever her name is? 

When people (and it isn't just men I am afraid) label a woman based on the fact that she is audacious enough to let on that she is a sexual being it is very threatening (and, it is even threatening to the men she is being sexual with!!) and so, to minimize the threat, folks have to put her into a nice neat little box with a label ("slut" "skanky"  "ho" or whatever) so that they can be made comfortable and not have to deal with complexity (much the same as theists often do to atheists, eh?)

These words are not designed for girls that have a lot of sex.  Usually trashy dress attire and slovenly attitude and personality need to be paired with the sexual promiscuity.  

A skank is someone you wouldn't want to take home to mother.  A skank is a girl who purposefully walks around with their thong showing, or doesn't bathe for a week and conducts poor hygiene.   

A ho is another term for a 'trashy' female.  You can call a girl a 'skank' without even knowing her sexual actions.  

I am a white, and do not find 'white trash' to be at all offensive.  I'm not trashy, so why would I care?  

Not really true, Shine.  There are many poor Americans that are not 'white trash'.  

I also don't have money, so that can't be true! lol

You can also be quite trashy while being filthy rich.  

Must I provide examples of these?  Use your imagination!  

Guys likes these???

http://jezebel.com/5723470/princeton-alums-state-dept-staffer-compe...

The truth is that there is simply no word to describe these kinds of guys that is anywhere near as shaming as "slut" or any other similar is for women. "Playuhs" or whatever the male equivalent might be is not used to shame men and for almost all men it is a badge of pride!!  When you call a woman a slut the intention is to shame, when you call a man a "playuh" the intention is to give him props....

"Douchebag" is, I suppose, about as close as you can get to a name intended to shame males but still not the same.

Chauvinistic pig.

Sexist.

Dickhead.

Conceited Asshole.

Womanizer. 

If you want to shame a guy, don't call them a playa.  It's pretty simple.  

Douchebag is a funny term.  The above terms are not funny.  

Yes, I was attempting to point out the absurdity of the term 'slut' in my comments there.  

I wasn't saying that the word 'slut' is comparable in derogatory terms to that of 'playa'.  

I did not make myself clear in my usage of 'slut'.  

I was actually, in my own way, defending women on the absurdity of the word 'slut'.  As it's really just a term to express sexual promiscuity - comparable to the promiscuity of the male.  

I can see the reason for the mis interpretations.  I rightfully admit this point.  But for some to say I am being 'derogatory' - I am trying to point out I am arguing the opposite - That the term 'slut' is absurd as the term 'playa' is also absurd.  

I am just trying to have a meaningful conversation here!  (Sorry if anyone is literally taking offense - I thought I made my joke playfully enough to not be taken this way.)  

Oh, quick note:  As to jeans post - There are plenty of words that as demeaning to men as the word 'slut' is.  If you want to attack our sexual character - I already pointed out a few ways to do so.  It just seems those are all taken as less offensive simply because we are men.  

I'm sorry Adriana, I do not have a term for men. Not because I think that men who act in the same manner women like the ones I described do are better, or worthy of admiration or respect. Regardless of gender, those people sicken me.

I think religion had a big role in degrading the world's view on women and the effects are still very visible. I remember that the first slut or prostitute I ever heard about was Mary Magdalene, you know, the one from the Bible. That says a lot. I know, I've grown, and now I know that it's all bullshit, but back then it had a great effect on me, and I think it still has on some young children, regardless of gender, that are still taught (from) the Bible.

Anyway, to get back at terms. I am really not that offended by any terms anymore, as I've learned to know myself and pretty much all that I am capable of. I only hate the use of any terms as a generalization, not only towards women, but towards any group. Just so it will be no confusion, I wasn't trying to do that at all. I'm sorry if it came out like that. I have known women like that really well, as one of them along with her behaviour had a great influence in how my life turn out. That's how I ended up despising that sort of behaviour, regardless of gender. I don't think we should try too hard to find derogatory terms for men as well, but to try and judge any person separately, not as a group, as we can't really find two people alike on this planet.

I hope you get to read this reply; it seems like it's 3 pages away from yours.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service