Recently, there have been many deaths, whether they are in pop culture or not.  There are constantly people saying and trending #Prayfor____. Or I'm praying for ______.  Of course I feel horrible if someone dies but what can I say instead of pray so that I don't seem like a jerk.

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, you kind of have to give a nod to popular thought unless you want to make your statement about your beliefs.  

I won't say "I'll pray for them." I will say " We'll keep them in our hearts and minds." 

For some people, it would just be cold to say, "I'm sorry they're dead. Let's remember them for how they lived." Period--no heaven or hearts involved. But this is how I truly think and feel about dead people. What else can you do though?

"I am thinking about them," is a possible response or nothing at all is the direction I take. 

When people are praying for others or say that aren't they really just praying for themselves and their own selfish feelings? Just a thought...

' Thank Zoot that one's resting...'

' Can I have your stuff?'

RSS

Forum

Scary and Hilarious Trump Supporters

Started by TJ in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 8 hours ago. 3 Replies

AMERICA! KEEP YOUR GUNS OUT OF CANADA!

Started by JadeBlackOlive in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 12 minutes ago. 34 Replies

Arabic atheist searching for help

Started by Farahat Rashad in Small Talk. Last reply by TJ 8 hours ago. 9 Replies

How do Muslim men REALLY view American women?

Started by Belle Rose in Society. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer on Tuesday. 11 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Preachers

Posted by Noon Alif on August 24, 2016 at 6:30pm 1 Comment

Sudden realization

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 24, 2016 at 3:18pm 4 Comments

Services we love!

© 2016   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service