Recently, there have been many deaths, whether they are in pop culture or not.  There are constantly people saying and trending #Prayfor____. Or I'm praying for ______.  Of course I feel horrible if someone dies but what can I say instead of pray so that I don't seem like a jerk.

Tags: advice, death, prayer, praying

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, you kind of have to give a nod to popular thought unless you want to make your statement about your beliefs.  

I won't say "I'll pray for them." I will say " We'll keep them in our hearts and minds." 

For some people, it would just be cold to say, "I'm sorry they're dead. Let's remember them for how they lived." Period--no heaven or hearts involved. But this is how I truly think and feel about dead people. What else can you do though?

"I am thinking about them," is a possible response or nothing at all is the direction I take. 

When people are praying for others or say that aren't they really just praying for themselves and their own selfish feelings? Just a thought...

' Thank Zoot that one's resting...'

' Can I have your stuff?'

RSS

Forum

What is the value of Atheism to humanity?

Started by Charles J Hunsinger in Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists. Last reply by Charles J Hunsinger 15 minutes ago. 52 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Alan Hotchy 55 minutes ago. 40 Replies

The Angelina Jolie Effect

Started by Belle Rose in Biology and Medicine. Last reply by Ari 3 hours ago. 2 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service