Recently, there have been many deaths, whether they are in pop culture or not.  There are constantly people saying and trending #Prayfor____. Or I'm praying for ______.  Of course I feel horrible if someone dies but what can I say instead of pray so that I don't seem like a jerk.

Tags: advice, death, prayer, praying

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish I could take credit, but that's what people did for my family when my sister died, and I'll never forget it.

Well, you kind of have to give a nod to popular thought unless you want to make your statement about your beliefs.  

I won't say "I'll pray for them." I will say " We'll keep them in our hearts and minds." 

For some people, it would just be cold to say, "I'm sorry they're dead. Let's remember them for how they lived." Period--no heaven or hearts involved. But this is how I truly think and feel about dead people. What else can you do though?

"I am thinking about them," is a possible response or nothing at all is the direction I take. 

When people are praying for others or say that aren't they really just praying for themselves and their own selfish feelings? Just a thought...

' Thank Zoot that one's resting...'

' Can I have your stuff?'

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Science Isn't About Truth

Started by Ari E. S. in Philosophy. Last reply by Unseen 1 minute ago. 21 Replies

Blog Posts

Seeing the man in the child.

Posted by Diane on April 19, 2014 at 9:52am 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.