Take a good hard look into the life of new pope. To give an overview he thinks that:

Homosexuality is still a sin. He tells people to respect homosexuals, but whent the Argintinian government is going to make sam-sex marriage legal he says, "Let's not be naive, we're not talking about a simple political battle; it is a destructive pretension against the plan of God. We are not talking about a mere bill, but rather a machination of the Father of Lies that seeks to confuse and deceive the children of God."

During his early life he gave up all his fancy posetions (personal cook, facy place to live, chauffeured limo) and made a pledge of poverty. This sounds awefully noble right? Wrong, look at why he had those things to start out with (because he was a cardinal). Think about what the Bible verson of Jesus would have done. He probably wouldn't have even considered giving those things out to preachers of his word anyway. So denying riches should be something that cardinals and popes HAVE to do an shouldn't be praised for. By the way, the pledge of poverty meant that he just had to live like everyone else in the community (what a saint -- sarcasm)

Lastly, there was a criminal complaint filed against him by a human rights lawyer for the abduction of two Jesuit priests. However, there was no evidence to prove that he had anything to do with it. :)

Please leave your thoughts and comments on the new pope

Tags: argentina, atheism, catholic, christian, church, corruption, francis, pope, power, religion, More…the, zealots

Views: 3078

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks. 

"in the first century CE"

? I'd always thought that was one of Constantine's proclamations.

Constantine ordered the Council of Nicea convened in Constantinople (now, it's Istanbul, not Constantinople, so you can't go back to Constantinople, cause it's Istanbul, not Constantinople - why did Constantinople get the works? That's nobody's business but the Turks) - sorry, I went away for awhile, but I'm back now - at which time it was decided that Jesus was god and god was Jesus, and they both were the holy spirit, but the virgin/not-virgin, mortal/divine thing happened much earlier, and was settled by the time of the Nicean Council.

Curse you. That's all it takes to get a tune in my head that I can't shake.

http://api.ning.com/files/uso0NvsEja148qMhgTl5tcWI-occJ79jQ2Z-m*UHkmJUfwm0R4ANrFKHS2jyJmoRHF13Bsf5ewFRdxSMCaNajbLQIZ2nJ5s4/icon_roflmao.gif

BTW, you and your son remind me of me and mine, some years ago --

Who and whose son. That's me and my granddaughter about three years ago. :-)

Sorry - in the smaller picture, I made an erroneous assumption. She's a doll, but then, I guess you know that!

Yes Thomas, I'm finding that on the homosexuality 'sin' question.  I'm giving up on asking though, I've posed it on more than one thread now :)

I'll try to emulate the prof for you Strega.

Yeah see Strega your argument would be better if you didn't mention homosexuals because talking about homosexuals is like anti-climate change science. In this micro-ecology you got going on here it's always like anti-climate-changers. And what about all the homosexuals in secular organizations? Also, anti-climate change.

"You might want to ask something more vague."

Sure, but what's the point? 

I am genuinely interested in what the mental process might be in ignoring these BASIC questions. Do the theists subconsciously just slam the door? "Don't want to go there." "Must have FAITH". As a man of science he MUST realize that he has no logical or rational foundations for his beliefs. He will have no option but to retreat into the ethereal - "What is YOUR definition of "God"?" "There are other dimensions into which we, as mere humans, cannot delve".

And, of course, there is no point in asking him to describe his mental processes - or is there? . . . .

Well, we have members named Yahweh who posts frequently and Jesus Christ who posts now and then. They are effectively saying "I am God" and "I am the Messiah," are they not? 

Leave them alone! All three of them!!!

@achaeopteryx, thanks for the kind words. 

Professionally and personally I just go by "Bob"; we university faculty are a pretty laid back bunch.  However my undergrad students seem to like calling me "Dr. Bob" for some reason, so I sometimes use that as a handle.  The registration form here seemed to want a first and last name so I jotted "Professor Robert" just to get through it because it was sort of long.  No pretense intended, and I'm sorry it came across that way.  "Bob" is just fine.

It seems clear from a post in the parallel thread that some here view this as a place to be around like-minded friends and felt my presence was an intrusion, so this will be my last set of posts.  I wish you all well.

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service