Take a good hard look into the life of new pope. To give an overview he thinks that:

Homosexuality is still a sin. He tells people to respect homosexuals, but whent the Argintinian government is going to make sam-sex marriage legal he says, "Let's not be naive, we're not talking about a simple political battle; it is a destructive pretension against the plan of God. We are not talking about a mere bill, but rather a machination of the Father of Lies that seeks to confuse and deceive the children of God."

During his early life he gave up all his fancy posetions (personal cook, facy place to live, chauffeured limo) and made a pledge of poverty. This sounds awefully noble right? Wrong, look at why he had those things to start out with (because he was a cardinal). Think about what the Bible verson of Jesus would have done. He probably wouldn't have even considered giving those things out to preachers of his word anyway. So denying riches should be something that cardinals and popes HAVE to do an shouldn't be praised for. By the way, the pledge of poverty meant that he just had to live like everyone else in the community (what a saint -- sarcasm)

Lastly, there was a criminal complaint filed against him by a human rights lawyer for the abduction of two Jesuit priests. However, there was no evidence to prove that he had anything to do with it. :)

Please leave your thoughts and comments on the new pope

Tags: argentina, atheism, catholic, christian, church, corruption, francis, pope, power, religion, More…the, zealots

Views: 3086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

" but these accusations don't come from nowhere."

retraction, please

Popes or anyone else of that status are elected to uphold Gods laws. They cannot change them.

Changing any explicit law in the bible would be an admittance that they dont believe God's word, Its not his job to do that,

It would be like asking a policeman to change a state law on speed limits. The police force enforce state laws ... The Pope enforces Gods law.

As far as homosexuality goes, this Popes statement is correct in that -  Jesus says to love the person but hate the act.

This guy will just following the rules ... He'll doing the job that he's been hired to do just like all of us have to do, If you work for a company, are you allowed to change that companies policies?

We dont really know much about this guy - and the dirt will come out -  but I can bet the Vatican has been very careful in their selection because theres probably been no other time in history where all (atheist) eyes are on them.

Popes or anyone else of that status are elected to uphold Gods laws. They cannot change them.

Changing any explicit law in the bible would be an admittance that they dont believe God's word, Its not his job to do that

They don't "change" them. They "interpret" them. And it is their job to twist shit until it fits their agenda. If they wanted they could make the Bible look like the most homo-friendly peaceful piece of literature ever and show you verses to back it up too. That's how they operate. Holy books aren't the law-giver to clergy, it's a tool. There is no higher power than themselves and they are aware of it. Every pope, priest and imam knows this. It's like Conman 101.

Your right k0rsan

But you cant twist the bibles law on homosexuals ... The bible plainly says that its wrong ... No twisting required...

But what they twist is in the part that tells us not to suffer them and to kill them ...

Jesus changes that in the NT

I always ask my friendly Jehovah door knockers if they have killed any homosexuals or witches today because they are Old Tesiment believers,

I do think that they should revise their position on homosexuality. I think they should keep twisting their scriptures and in the process, at the very lease, decriminalize homosexuality. The lethal dogmas that these people spread are killing people all over the world and it really makes me angry.

Nah. Francis should bring back stoning sinners.

If homosexuals who might normally protect themselves refuse to do so because the Church says they mustn't, I'm not full of sympathy. The more ridiculous the dogma, the more people will walk away. And many of those might well decide that, if God's own people can be responsible for such horrible decisions, maybe this God guy doesn't make a lot of sense either. Isn't that what's best in the long run? We should not only LET the Church blow itself up, we should supply the matches.

I agree with your sentiment, but LGBT members of society are the ones who have to deal with the fallout the most, and this fallout can be very difficult to understand if not directly experienced.

Mind you, there is that man in a dress thing...

And there we go.  without any warning, an image of frilly underwear...  I'll get you, Kris

Papa likes to dress flamboyantly and accessorize with jewelry and fancy hats.

Also, I will take my comeuppance like a man. Do you accept the death of earthly incarnations of deities?

maybe you havent noticed, but the bibles they tote around have both the old and the new testement, i know from personal experience. they dont do any hate mongering, they just spread their version of the 'word of god', because they believe they are saving lives. odd yes, evil no. of course ive heard worse misconceptions of the jehovah witnesses, such as they sacrifice their children...

RSS

Forum

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Cato Rigas 43 minutes ago. 5 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Pope Beanie 2 hours ago. 1 Reply

Genesis 3 - Quality Propaganda

Started by Aiken Drums Sister in Politics 4 hours ago. 0 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 4 hours ago. 43 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service