Take a good hard look into the life of new pope. To give an overview he thinks that:

Homosexuality is still a sin. He tells people to respect homosexuals, but whent the Argintinian government is going to make sam-sex marriage legal he says, "Let's not be naive, we're not talking about a simple political battle; it is a destructive pretension against the plan of God. We are not talking about a mere bill, but rather a machination of the Father of Lies that seeks to confuse and deceive the children of God."

During his early life he gave up all his fancy posetions (personal cook, facy place to live, chauffeured limo) and made a pledge of poverty. This sounds awefully noble right? Wrong, look at why he had those things to start out with (because he was a cardinal). Think about what the Bible verson of Jesus would have done. He probably wouldn't have even considered giving those things out to preachers of his word anyway. So denying riches should be something that cardinals and popes HAVE to do an shouldn't be praised for. By the way, the pledge of poverty meant that he just had to live like everyone else in the community (what a saint -- sarcasm)

Lastly, there was a criminal complaint filed against him by a human rights lawyer for the abduction of two Jesuit priests. However, there was no evidence to prove that he had anything to do with it. :)

Please leave your thoughts and comments on the new pope

Tags: argentina, atheism, catholic, christian, church, corruption, francis, pope, power, religion, More…the, zealots

Views: 3111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@kOrsan, I'm confused.

You think it's "holding people at gunpoint" to speak of hell?  Guns are a very real and present threat.  Hell is a theological story, one that you yourself feel is a fiction.  How does one hold someone at gunpoint with a story?

Hell is a theological story, one that you yourself feel is a fiction.  How does one hold someone at gunpoint with a story?

It's fiction to us, that's exactly why we're atheists. It's not fiction to the millions of weak minded people you con into your faith. Not to little children who believe their parents when they're told they'll go to hell and burn forever unless they grow up to be part of whatever their parents' dogma is.

If you replaced the nonsense about coal in your stockings with the threat of hell, people would still be believing in Santa too.

Don't pretend like you don't understand the difference.

To be honest hell was a Greek concept (Tartarus) long before it was a Catholic/Christian concept. The Japanese Buddhists had the best definition of hell long before the Catholics/Christians (it is a very interesting subject, well worth some research. Talk to an East Asian history teacher in your school). They used hell to keep people in line because it was extremely effective. Then the Catholics/Christians adopted it because it was effective (they used it mainly from Greek tradition, but I couldn't help but throw in the Buddhist hell. In my opinion Buddhist hell is much worse, but they believe that you can work off your sin in hell and eventually ascend to heaven. They also had various layers depending on what you did. Now I'm just babbling sorry!) back on topic hell is very much like holding a gun to someone's head.

"You better watch out, you better not pout, you better not cry, I'm telling you why - Santa Clause is coming to town."

I don't know, how DOES one hold someone at gunpoint with a story?

You had to ask....

What was that Bond song? "Nobody Does It Better?"

Not to mention his classic take on abortion.

There are criminal complaints filed by human rights lawyers against most people in his position.

But yeah, the show of modesty is a bit suspect. But that happens when the concept itself is. "I'm washing your feet to show I'm not better than you." Yes, thank you, because I totally needed to be shown that. I had no idea.

Jorge Mario Bergoglio background and information,

Pope Francis, the former Cardinal Bergoglio of Argentina: He is 76, and is considered a straight-shooter who calls things as he sees them, and a follower of the church’s most conservative wing. He is a former archbishop of Buenos Aires.

He has clashed with the government of President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner over his opposition to gay marriage and free distribution of contraceptives.

Besides being the first non-European pope in the modern era, the first South American pope and the third straight non-Italian pope, he also is the first Pope Francis.

http://www.costaricantimes.com/argentinas-bergoglio-becomes-pope-fr...

Yeah, I... I know, man...

I hope he does not quit like the last guy. I mean if the holy spirit goes to the trouble of picking you to represent Jesus the son god on this planet, then the least he could do is see it through until he dies and becomes immortal.

I was watching some of it on TV just now and thinking to myself that I am really from another planet. I don’t get it at all.

What I find interesting is that the Vatican now has two Popes. Even though the first Pope Nazi resigned, he is still alive and he was apparently chosen by God. The second one has also been chosen by God .. The only way a Pope can be unchosen is to die so, how do the people know who to be loyal to ...

They do what they are told by cult leaders because there are no gods giving orders.

RSS

Forum

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Noel 5 minutes ago. 9 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Pope Beanie 1 hour ago. 28 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 5 hours ago. 64 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 12 hours ago. 12 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service