hi just going to point out that the pledge of allegiance was added in the seventies and can be changed. and i want your views on that

Tags: allegiance, of, pledge

Views: 458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Laughing my ass off.
personally, id chew that woman out for that.
It is completely illegal to force anyone to recite the pledge.  The pledge was not thrown out of school the way organized prayer sessions were.  Instead, the Supreme Court ruled that students had a right to refuse to recite it.  You should report these people.  Contact FFRF, the ACLU or even, gasp, the Federal authorities.

I agree.

PFAW, and SPLC are another organizations that will help.

Also agree.  Once she's given you the awesome grade I'm sure you'll get, I'd take up for the children's rights.  Anonymity can be good at the beginning of a career though...

Anyway, what's the point in having a pledge, if it's compulsory?  It's supposed to be about the indivual choosing to affirm their allegiance to the nation.  Are we living in a democracy or not? (hypothetic question here, not intending any derailment)

what she did is unconstitutional and (imo) immoral :(

The Pledge of Allegiance is probably the most morinoc thing ever written.

I pledge allegance to the flag!!!?

How about pledging allegiance to the constitution?

It's shameful that McCarthyism is still alive.

Sing it loud, brother!  It's amazing to me how much damage one man (McCarthy) can do to a nation.

It took a lot of cowardly complicity to allow him power.  He wasn't alone.  I'm grateful someone stood up to him.

agree!
too bad the hate was strong enough to kill her and part of her family... and christians call themselves loving people. anyone who would do anything for a god who'll do anything to make you his pet makes a christian the bad dog of god

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 2 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 5 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service