I just wanted to see if having the phrase, "please read," actually works. I've seen several posts with that phrase or a variant of it. It kinda bothers me. If people want to read what you've written, they will. I like to think most of us are smart/clever enough to come up with an attention-grabbing title. And even if you're not, just simply say what your topic is. No need to beg us nicely to read it.

Unless of course it really works. Then I'll shut up about it. :)

Tags: Please, beg, read

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

L@@K
That's funny! :D
got me 2 - ha - you work in advertising ??
Nah. I'm just a lowly musician. :)
Don't feel bad. It seems to be a trend! :)

It worked on me. I am here I read it.. I am going to start ignoring it though.. lol

Dang, I fell for it too but only after by-passing it a few times; about the 3rd or 4th time, I caved lol.
Maybe there really is something to this! You could resist, but only for so long. :)
lmao...NIICE. I agree. and yes, it did work, for me anyway. Idk..maybe I thought it was some sort of atheist emergency. lmao
Ha! I would have put, "Atheist emergency!" At least that gives you an idea of what I'm going to talk about.

Wow, I just wasted 3 minutes of my life - good one.  

(Catchy title by the way.) 

That's how I feel after reading most, "please read!" posts. I really should not read them, but everytime I do, I secretly hope the person has something decent to say. They normally don't...

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 0 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service