I just wanted to see if having the phrase, "please read," actually works. I've seen several posts with that phrase or a variant of it. It kinda bothers me. If people want to read what you've written, they will. I like to think most of us are smart/clever enough to come up with an attention-grabbing title. And even if you're not, just simply say what your topic is. No need to beg us nicely to read it.

Unless of course it really works. Then I'll shut up about it. :)

Tags: Please, beg, read

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You see now, I am generally curious about the type of personality who would feel the need to put that in the title of their post, hence me checking it out, but it annoys me a little bit.

I actually only clicked on this topic now so I could post something along the lines of, "Put content in your title. This is a useless, spammy title."

Thank you! That was exactly my point. I wouldn't normally do this, but I felt it was necessary to do given the recent, "please read!" posts. They annoy me.
I bet that the title 'Please do not read!!!' would be more successful. :)
Oh, the beauty of reverse psychology...
I bet you're right! I'm not going to test it out, but I bet you're right.
I couldn't seem to help myself but to check it, but I was thinking as I clicked on it "what kind of a freaking title is this for a post - I think I'm going to start complaining about people who do this".
That's how I feel for everyone who does it. It's why I pointed it out, lol. :)
I felt it was ok to suspend my dislike for people who do it so I could point out how ridiculous it is.
…Was i just trolled?
Ha, that was not my intention. I just wanted to see if the title actually works. Seems it does. :)
It worked twice in my case - doooh!!!
I prefer the Beatles' version:  "Please, Please Me!"

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 0 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service