Perhaps I'm missing something here, but something has been bugging me.

How do evangelicals account for Adam & Eve, and later Noah? I'm not talking about the snake or the Ark... but INCEST.

Any biologist knows that the loss biodiversity would make for the denigration of life.

I can't say for sure, but I think it's safe to say that Christianity looks down on incest?

How then do they (Christians and Jews) account, within the creation story that we all descended from the same family... then again from a descendant of that same family? It goes completely against biological principals.

If we are all descendants of Adam and Eve (didn't they only produce two offspring, with one killing the other?), than wouldn't that make for incestuous affair after incestuous affair... until Noah, where it all starts over again?

It seems to me that the only valid argument against it would be that biodiversity developed from generation to generation as the human gene pool strengthened itself. BUT that would lend credence to EVIL evolution!

How can Christians escape THIS one?

Am I missing some common argument? And if I'm not, why isn't this discussed more?

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Always the woman's fault? I think Lot was just a sick bastard and pretended to be drunk in order to excuse his incestrial behavior. ;)
Oh, and Abraham married his sister, Sarah. Didn't Noah's daughters-in-law also rape him? Not incest but still not that cool. David's son raped his own sister. Most of the prominent characters in the Bible had incestuous relationships... ewww!
Not Noah's...Lot's, right? I think all the drunken men in the Bible just pretended the next morning that they were drunk after fucking close relatives.
Yeah, Lot, but I thought Noah, too. I could be wrong. But definitely "Father Abraham", the founder of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
I've been drunk in my day.
I mean, I've been really, really drunk...
But never, ever, EVER in my most intoxicated state would I be ok with a little 'all in the family.'
And you know what the best part is?
To be able to even get the job done, the gentlemen had to have been liking it.........
Now I dunno about you, but all the drunk sex I've ever had was pretty hit or miss. Alcohol is a DOWNER, folks. No way can you be too drunk to recognize your relatives (especially if they are the last freaking humans on earth!) but sober enough to get it up.
One or the other, eh?
I've been drunk in my day.
I mean, I've been really, really drunk...
But never, ever, EVER in my most intoxicated state would I be ok with a little 'all in the family.'
No way can you be too drunk to recognize your relatives (especially if they are the last freaking humans on earth!) but sober enough to get it up.
One or the other, eh?

Two words: Mackenzie Phillips.
No.... Cain's wife was an ape.....because before there was a law it was ok to sleep with animals to propagate the earth. This is how centaurs came into existence... but then later on God came along and outlawed the practice. Then he got mad and flooded everything and wiped out all those people/creatures...except for Noah and his family which represented every combination that was left.

Then Noah and his sons and their wives... all slept with each other and their children until the population built up enough for God to come in and forbid the practice again.

This is just common sense people!!!
haha. I had always hoped centaurs existed at one time or another! Thanks for clearing this up.
Haha. Never under estimate the power of rationalization.
I might be mistaken, but I think I remember reading that in the Creation Museum they make a huge joke out of the fact that we all did descend from incestuous acts, but it's okay because god said so, and most people are dumb struck by this "fact", and so they make mugs and t-shirts making fun of how dumb struck the people are. I think I read it on Pharyngula at some point but I can't seem to find it now...
aha, found it

"This is a strange thing: they seem to take pride in their boldness of stating this idea, making comics about it and even selling t-shirts in their store that declare it. They have an answer for where the sons of Adam and Eve got their wives, and they are quite definite about it. They married their sisters. And that was all right."

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/08/the_creation_museum_1.php
Well, if you believe in God, then you have to be proud of even his absurdities. Global genocide? No biggie cause the boss said so. What's a little sibling fucking in the face of that, eh?

RSS

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service