I once in a debate with my catholic friend. He used pascal wager argument and bid on jesus but then i told him its useless, because:
- There are many gods across all religions, not just one god, christian god.
- We cannot worship all gods because there at least 2 gods which says "Worship just me or burn" (christian & islam)
But then he told me all other gods is less likely to be true than christian's god because:
- On muslim, those who are in heaven will enjoy unlimited sex with 72 virgins with erection that lasts indefinitely. "That just so wrong their god must be a joke", he says.
- On buddhism, the buddha can see the future and the past while meditating.
There is no human can see the future nor past. If there is one, then that must be a work of satan, because the same thing happened when jesus tempted by satan. That time jesus gone blank-minded, a similar state to meditation, so he is implying that the buddha can see future and past because he is under the "touch" of satan.
- On Hinduism, they worship many gods, even animals. "Its ridiculous" he says.
- Therefore, even though there are little or no evidence, we should "Pascal's Wager" on christian god, jesus because other god is false.
Is what he says correct? Did i just get owned by Pascal's Wager? How to debunk this argument?