I once in a debate with my catholic friend. He used pascal wager argument and bid on jesus but then i told him its useless, because:

- There are many gods across all religions, not just one god, christian god.

- We cannot worship all gods because there at least 2 gods which says "Worship just me or burn" (christian & islam)

But then he told me all other gods is less likely to be true than christian's god because:

- On muslim, those who are in heaven will enjoy unlimited sex with 72 virgins with erection that lasts indefinitely. "That just so wrong their god must be a joke", he says.

- On buddhism, the buddha can see the future and the past while meditating.

There is no human can see the future nor past. If there is one, then that must be a work of satan, because the same thing happened when jesus tempted by satan. That time jesus gone blank-minded, a similar state to meditation, so he is implying that the buddha can see future and past because he is under the "touch" of satan.

- On Hinduism, they worship many gods, even animals. "Its ridiculous" he says.

- Therefore, even though there are little or no evidence, we should "Pascal's Wager" on christian god, jesus because other god is false.

Is what he says correct? Did i just get owned by Pascal's Wager? How to debunk this argument?

Thank you.

Tags: pascal, wager

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's the fixed version.

Well right off the bat I can tell you this person has not the slightest inkling about Buddhism. I can say this with a great degree of certainty (hint hint). So I can only assume he's equally less knowledgeable about all religion, meaning he shouldn't talk about religion and you certainly shouldn't listen.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Torture Works

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 2 minutes ago. 36 Replies

Blog Posts

I am tired

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 12:09am 4 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.