The essence and origins of life. What is it? Yes, we can define characteristics that differentiated the living from the non-living. The building blocks of life are still not the same as a simple virus. Do you think new forms of life "become living" these days?. Do you think that the conditions to form new life simply do not exist anymore? Evolution can not even begin until something (still yet unknown to us) happens first. Do you think we will ever discover the recipe?

Views: 1172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Scientology Promo Video was the best! I thought that I knew enough about them, but I was wrong. I knew nothing about them, because I thought they had something to say! In 3 mins, I heard more BS and ideology buz words than I ever hear dealing with theists. Sadly, I now think I 'trust' theists now more than Scientologists....'God' help me....

Origin of Life: Hypothesis Traces First Protocells Back to Emergenc...

Dec. 20, 2012 — A coherent pathway -- which starts from no more than rocks, water and carbon dioxide and leads to the emergence of the strange bio-energetic properties of living cells -- has been traced for the first time in a major hypothesis paper in Cell this week.

As Neil Degrasse Tyson put it so succinctly:

"God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance, that gets smaller and smaller as time goes on."

If the probability against the formation of life is infinity, then would that be proof of god?

Actually it would be proof against gods, unless, of course, they were all dead gods.  It would also be proof against our very own existence, which, contrary to being infinitely impossible seems very much to be a given.

If anything, it would be proof of an infinite number of gods.  Or of an infinite absence of gods...

An infinite number of gods (LOL). That would make them redundant ! Plus there would be an infinite number of Satans. Ha, spell check does not like Satans.

I think you may have just invented a new religion !

No, because a god is a living being. Gods have a life, do they not? Not biological, perhaps, but a life.

Do you really think so?

As described in The Bible, for example, he is living. He makes things, can be jealous, has a family (his son Jesus, and his pal The Holy Ghost). He's a rather strange living being even if he doesn't fit the biological standards of biological life. He's not biological, he's a spiritual being. 

Hmmmm.....So we are not really made in his image. Could this be yet another miscue in the most read book of fiction.

I think even the most idiotic theist doesn't really think God puts his pants on one leg at a time. Theism, as generally understood, seems to center on personality traits not so much physicality.

you give way too much credit, sir...

take a look at a few famous paintings...plus remember the bible god even revealed his butt to mankind..yeah..it's in there.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service