I've always wanted to post somewhere about this but haven't but now i will. I'm looking for opinions and hoping to provide people with facts that are true if they have any that they throw out. I believe that marijuana is nothing more than a miracle medicine and relaxant and by not legalizing it, we are missing out on helping tons of people.

Tags: legalization, marijuana, opinion

Views: 563

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What I am saying is there comes a time when you have to be prepared to take responsibility for your actions. I didn't say it only applies to weed. I said if, for example, an accident occurs and it can be proved the person responsible was under the influence of a drug, they could be held accountable and in that case it becomes someone else's business what you may have ingested. Tell me people that smoke weed a lot don't become paranoid about anyone who says anything negative about smoking weed.

You said the minute I step outside it becomes everyones buisness. Thats where I take offense, driving is one thing but If I want to walk around high thats my buisness, If I do somthing bad then I'm ofcourse responsable for it but untill I do somthing bad My buisness is my buisness. People who smoke weed are "paranoid" because their used to other people trying to take lordship over their body for the sake of some fraudulant idiot morality like christianity or communism. I am also a transvestite, do you want to tell me what cloths I'm alowd to wear? If I'm walking down the street dressed like a girl and I distract a truck driver and he veers off the road, well that could cause an accident right? So because it might possibly cause an accident society needs to team up and strip me of my dignity and right to make my own decisions. I feel like you and the corpse worshipers have a lot in common idiologicaly, you just come to simmilar conclusions through differing paths is all.

TMI! - you're free to do what you like, but I'm gonna have a problem watching "King of the Hill" from now on, without seeing Hank in a spaghetti-strap and stiletto heels - not, as Seinfeld might say, that there's anything wrong with that --

I'm much younger and prettier then hank hill, I promise. I just like him as an avatar because he is really the antithisis of every thing we discuss here. This site would make him go Bwahh!!!

I'm sure there are also times when he would say, "That boy ain't right --"

And if you ever have coffee before leaving the house, or a beer while you're out with your family then you are a giant hypocrite.

You obviously have very very little experience with weed.  More weed is smoked, per capita, in Canada than Amsterdam.  I can spot a stoned person almost instantly because I see them every single day at various points of my commute.  I won't allow anyone to work in my kitchen while on weed, just because they work too slow, but their behavior is never aggressive or a public nuisance.  Alcohol is an entirely different story.  And I say this as one who strongly prefers alcohol to weed, and one who only smokes week 2 or 3 times per year.

Heather, I am suprised you would make a statement as broad as "their behavior is never aggressive or a public nuisance" but that being said, I never said it was. I said it affects perception and reaction time and as a person with a great deal of experience with weed ,I feel you would have to agree. As expressed in two other discussions on this site, I was simply trying to make the point that people have to be prepared to  take responsibility for their actions and the attitude that what they ingest is nobody's business is irresponsible in nature.I also agreed it is likely less harmfull than alcohol but I found a lot of weed supporters go on the offensive as soon as they see anything negative being said about smoking weed. 

Well then your point equally well applies to anyone who leaves the house without having slept 8 of the past 24 hours.  If you feel weed causes some sort of problematic behavior then spit it out - otherwise drop it.

"It's less damaging than alcohol."

How so? If you're ingesting it through brownies maybe. Absorbing it through the lungs as smoke is way more damaging than cigarettes. 

Everything in moderation I suppose. Sometimes stopping after that second glass of vino is no fun. Ha.

Speaking of moderation, have you factored in that the marijuana smoker may only smoke one or two joints a week as opposed to a pack or two a day of tobacco?

There are twenty grams of tobacco in a pack of smokes, try smoking twenty grams of weed in a day. you'll be asleep by 11:00 am.

RSS

Forum

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Ed 2 hours ago. 19 Replies

Is There Any Ex-Mennonites or Ex-Amish On This Site?

Started by Jessica Miller in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 5 hours ago. 27 Replies

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Virgil 6 hours ago. 130 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by David Seidman 10 hours ago. 8 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Pope Beanie 14 hours ago. 25 Replies

Blog Posts

How did that happen?

Posted by Belle Rose on December 19, 2014 at 4:36am 1 Comment

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service