OKAY WOULD YOU KILL YOUR EX best friend FOR 200 MILLION?

Okay would you kill your EX best friend for 200 million? and Why? or why not? This may be a trick question. Use your atheist brains and battle it out. I say I would kill my friend (albeit slowly) but I am still a awesome person because I would use the money to help science and humanity as a whole with the money!

Now ask yourself this why would you be more willing to kill your ex best friend then your best friend?

200 million!

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I was going to directly kill a person it would either be because I deemed it necessary, or because I had some ideological motivation. The former would only arise in a defense scenario, and the latter is highly unlikely. Apart from that, I'm not going to kill someone for no other reason than monetary gain.

That said, I have bought products containing materials that were obtained at the price of conflict. The purchasing of products with conflict minerals is not directly comparable to the idea of killing someone with my own two hands for profit, but I guess when it comes down to it, I do accept material gain despite knowing that others have suffered and died for it. I say these two things are not directly comparable, but are the differences really enough to excuse my behavior while disdaining someone who would kill for money, or am I merely rationalizing my own behavior based on a conditioned sense of entitlement?
I have to quote "the way of the gun" here. "200 million dollars is not money. Money is what you have in your pocket or what you take to the grocery store. 200 million dollars is a motive with a universal adapter on it." There is a very short list of people I wouldn't kill for 200 million dollars. Perhaps you shouldn't start considering this question at ex-bestfriend. Would you kill bin laden for 200million if so what about a run of the mill murderer. Would you kill a stranger in a foreign land with no chance of getting caught? What if you used a scoped rifle from a mile away or just built a trap with explosives and walked away? The fact is given the skills equipment and what equates to a pick up truck bed full of money very few people will be able to watch that money leave. As for any ex-best friend of mine half of them make the list half of the remaining died for free(not by my hand) the last two are separated by time or deeds enough that they better hope no billionaire has a problem with them and reads this. hypotheticals are entertaining but they really don't tell you anything about a person because everyone reads different criteria into them and few people conjure the full experience from a what if question. 
No, I wouldn't. I don't want to live in a society where money is more important than human well-being.

Absolutely not! I can't even... NO!

Killing for money? REALLY?!

Only $200M?  Hmph!  Maybe for $200M a year for the next 30 years, sure :)

I could imagine someone sacrificing themselves for that amount of money. The question in hand then would be, if you're willing to exploit someone so miserably desperate for 200 million$?

Jenna, sorry, but you're NOT awesome at all.

I wouldn't do it for any amount of money. No one should. It's murder. PERIOD. How stupid are you for posting this drivel?

It's wrong! You're doing harm for posting this question when it's already hard enough for Atheists to deal with the moral bullshit argument from the religious zealots. Now we have atheists posting this kind of crap. Politically and strategically this was a dumb move on your part.

I don't think Jenna is an atheist. The question stinks of a Xtian trying to dig up dirt on us immoral, godless atheists.

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic, how they continue to insist that atheists can't have any morality when so many Xtians will happily kill their ex-friends, or strangers by the hundreds, even without the cash payoff. I'm thinking of doctor-murderer Roeder, and Anders Brevik most notably, and all the good Xtian soldiers who are so eager to kill some rag-heads or illegal immigrants.

I agree with Eric.
Nope, sorry, couldn't do it. I would have to live with the guilt. Guilt can be a powerful thing, it can tear you apart insde. I would never, NEVER, be able to enjoy the money.
I guess the question that I would need to ask myself is - if the tables were turned would I be okay with it? For me the answer is no. Even if I were too use the money to better the world I would break fundamental principles in my own moral code. Now that is not to say that even I wouldn't break my moral code in certain situations, but I feel that over an issue like material possessions it wouldn't be worth it.
If I truly felt a person deserved AND needed to be killed, I wouldn't accept a penny for it, although anonymous donations are impossible to return - just in case this issue ever comes up and I have supporters out there.  If I were offered money to kill someone, I would turn it down.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 12 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service