So we all know people use religion as a crutch, everyone needs something to help keep them upright in life at some point or another..... But when things are really bad for you - say the person you love is dying.... Would you ever find yourself, an atheist, down on your knees praying for them to get better?

Views: 1389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thats bull. god isnt real. im not wasting my time praying to an imaginary friend

No. I actually get more comfort now knowing there is no lunatic god than I did when I believed there probably was one. There is no fixer in the sky who can make a loved one better. To beg a god to fix a problem he obviously knew was coming and yet allowed to happen is ridiculous. I don't think people understand what it means to pray to a god, say, of an Abrahamic bent.

Best to take comfort in friends, family and your own independent intelligence.  Or if you insist on praying, then do it to a milk-jug... it will give the same results.  

No.

Not at all. In times like that you have to trust in the doctors doing their job. It's nonsense to even think like that. If others are doing it, it's probably not a good time to tell them that. You can hope but shit happens and death is inevitable, no matter how painful it may be. 

RSS

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service