Unseen just posted these words in the public forum regarding his father recently passing away:

"He lived to 92 and died at home surrounded by his family after a long and steady decline followed by a series of medical setbacks and cataclysms. It was time to go. A very loving and generous man who never made an enemy, he will be missed by all who knew him."

Likewise in public, I have re-posted his words here to pay my respects. Unseen, as a longtime and prominent member of Think Atheist, deserves nothing less.

@Unseen: I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're back.

Tags: Unseen

Views: 344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Even though he was a Christian, he set a very high mark for his children and everyone. 

He embodied all that can be positive about Christianity with none of the negative. If I sometimes get riled at people who make broad sterotypical comments about Christians, it's because I knew a very good Christian. 

I'm an atheist because God doesn't exist, not because I think every single Christian is a bad person.

Such a beautiful sentiment. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Perhaps that will bring comfort rather than pain, knowing that he doesn't need to suffer any longer.

My sincere condolences for your loss. 

Unseen, Sorry for your loss. 

Hey Unseen! Sorry to hear of your loss... Speak his good word... and make happen what he would have wanted to see.

That he was. Always there when his children needed him. In a way, now I'm a full adult because I'm no longer anyone's child (my mom died 30 years ago).

He lived to 92 and died at home surrounded by his family...

@Unseen

I've been thinking about what you wrote above. It reminds me how the family we leave behind is the closest we come to living beyond death. It's like family and friends are the only riches we ever really have. In that sense, your father died a fabulously wealthy man. I don't like the thought of dying, but I do like the thought of dying like that.

Sorry for your loss unseen.

Thanks again to all of you, but while I miss him, I'm not depressed or bummed out in any way.

RSS

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service