This is off topic, but I consider a pretty musical person. I pretty much listen to any and all.  It's possibly to associate religion with music, but not always.  I'm just curious as of what others tastes are.  Me as I said I listen to any all but chances are when I have headphones in my ears I'm listening to some form of Metal. Death Metal. Symphonic Metal. Black Metal. Melodic Death Metal. etc. etc. I pretty much listen to it all.  And  the funny thing is, is that I don't listen to it because of it's stereotype of being God-rejecting or devil-worshiping, which is probably true (at least about the devil worshiping part, and I mean like true satanists) in like 5-10% of metal...maybe.  Anyways I also have a lot of respect for Tool and Pearl Jam (Eddie Veder: Amazing Voice) etc. etc. but nuf about me...

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ohhh yeah, I'm actually somewhat of a fan of Rap from back in the day, when it was purely about this that and the other, and not that this clubby bullshit...godam Rhianna sucks, Kanye West sucks...I could go on.
Btw: A Long time ago I used to be into Jazz. I played the saxophone and considered myself a young Kenny G, I was pretty dam good for my age as well. No meaning to sound cocky. But I like a lot of soundtracks as well... particularity stuff done by Hans Zimmer or John Williams or Jeremy Seoule (does a lot of Video Game sound tracks)
Not a metal-head, myself. I do like metal, but I prefer metal with psychedelic roots (like Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne [with Randy Rhoads], etc). I'm into Blues, Classic Rock, and Psychedelic (anything). I love musical experimentation and long jams... and no, not because I'm a druggy (though I did once watch Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock while smoking pot [Purple Haze]... that was epic :D).

This is a partial list in order of my faves. The one on top stays the same. The rest circulate based on my mood, so aside from #1, this list is half-assed and temporary:

Led Zeppelin
Nirvana
Jimi Hendrix
Robert Johnson
Pink Floyd
The Doors
The Who
The Beatles
Keb' Mo'
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
George Harrison
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Bukkah White
Leadbelly
Black Sabbath
Ozzy Osbourne with Randy Rhoads
Days of the New
Guns N' Roses (the original band, not Axl Rose)
Muddy Waters
B.B. King
The Blues Brothers
The Allman Brothers
Government Mule
Jimmy Page
John Paul Jones
Jeff Beck
The Yardbirds
AC/DC with Bon Scott
Miles Davis
Derek Trucks
Charlie Patton
Bob Dylan (mostly his 60's and 70's stuff)
Taj Mahal
Albert King
Cream
Rage Against the Machine
Soundgarden
Chris Cornell
Syd Barrett
Charlie Daniels
Blind Willie Johnson
Blind Lemon Jefferson
Memphis Minnie
The Black Crowes
John Lennon

So that's a sampling... that's my style. It's what I play, too. I'm a guitarist. I play Blues, Rock, and Psychedelic. Or Psychedelic Blues Rock. Whatever you wanna call it. But I do grab some inspiration from Bob Dylan, George Harrison, John Lennon, and so on since some of what I write carries some kind of social statement (anti-conservative rants, anti-proselytizing rants, even an atheist song or two).
Wow even if that list is somewhat half assed you put some time into. But anyways I love atleast half those bands listed.
Black label society
we came as romans
slayers new CD

just some of the stuff I have been listening to lately
Here's a list of my top 20 bands/artists in no particular order, however the first 5 are probably my most favored...maybe...

Tool (Alternative Metal??)
Dark Tranquility (Melodic Death Metal)
Amberian Dawn (Neoclassical Metal)
Cage the Elephant (Just plan Rock, kinda bluesy imo.)
Sytem of a Down (Alt Metal)
Pearl Jam (Grunge)
Young Jeezy (Rap)
Weezer (Rock)
Motor Head (Meta;)
Motley Crue (Glam Metal)
Carcass (Melodic Death Metal)
Cradle of Filth (Black Metal, they say they aren't but they are.,..:P)
Tvangeste (Black Metal)
2Pac (Rap)
Children of Bodom (Melodic Death Metal)
Disturbed (Nu-Metal)
Tommyknocker (Hardcore Techno--More specifically Hardcore Italia)
Green Day (Punk Rock?)

Anyways I could go on and on. If you saw me in person you'd probably be life...That guys a metal head?? NO WAY! I definetly don't dress the style

RSS

Blog Posts

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service