Here's a photo of an ultra-orthodox Jewish man wrapped in a plastic bag in his airline seat. His reasoning (if one might apply such a word) is unclear but apparently this is done to ensure the Bagged One does not become impure in the eyes of God just in case the plane flies over a Jewish cemetery.

Yeah, I know. What do you mean the cabin is pressurized? That's no good. Gimme a giant see-through plastic bag with a breathing hole poked in it somewhere. That's how you block out the magical nasty.

Religious people are so fucking weird.

Tags: Jewish, Ultra-orthodox

Views: 485

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol. Proof that religious faith is just bat-shit schizophrenia. I wonder how they flew over cemeteries before the aeroplane?

I thought they were the ones changing into bats...I've got them all mixed up again, never could make sense of those religious types

Bat-shit in a bag.

I guess his friend tied that knot for him. What's the plan when travelling alone? Is there a small but zealous market for giant plastic bags with the Zip-Lock on the inside?

I want to know how he got though the TSA. I had to argue about a pair of heels once where the heel part was metal. 

And there's no way in hell that guy would qualify as a carry-on bag.

I guess cabin pressurization isn't hermetically sealed enough.  (It doesn't work like a spacecraft, that's airtight; instead they bleed compressed air out of the jet engines' compressors, cool it, mix it with recirculated cabin air (that way everyone can get the cold brought on board by the guy in 27-B), and let it go into the cabin.  It eventually leaves the aircraft through an outflow valve, but by constricting this, they can cause the pressure to go up in the cabin.

So in spite of the aircraft being pressurized, air is flowing from the outside through the plane, and back outside constantly.  This allows the cooties (or whatever) from the overflown graves to get to you.

But, the hole in the plastic bag?

How high can the cemetery cooties fly?

Hey not bad - Man Burka

grave cooties..gah wtf.  is there no sanctuary anywhere!

And I thought my son had it bad with his OCD, this takes it to a new level :)

If you are that fucking crazy you should not be allowed on a plane.

Just what can you not convince your self to do?

I can hear security now.... "I'm sorry sir, but you're bull goose loony and must take a tricycle to wherever you're going."

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 6 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service