http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PlugRym4Rbo

Sure it's a great message ,overall, but does he mean it? It would not surprise me one bit if this was some ratings/ attention thing from him.

Kudos to him if he is sincere.

Tags: beck, glenn

Views: 593

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well it's more of an ironic pun in that you called a man who can't speak "shouty".

Oh, I can see why you would think that a pun, but I was being fairly literal. The music and lack of speech give the impression of calm, but the way he wrote some of the words and the fact that some of them are pet phrases he has been known to shout indicates he would have (likely) been shouting them if he was able.

Trust me: the same old same old Glenn Beck will be back shortly.

Eh. I'm less than thrilled. At least half of what he said there is completely consistent with his typical, they're all against us, world is ending schpeal. Plus, Beck seems the type who would act contrite and apologetic but then go in completely a different direction. I mean, if it's true he wants to focus more on the love instead of hate thing, that's great, but I don't count on it.

Hey, is this going to be like that one time where I agreed with the Pope, only to have the PR guy from the Vatican be all like, "LOL, JK. Hell awaits you, after all." cus if so, I'm not going to be let down again.....

I'll protect my heart this time, Glen. I'd love to believe you, but I've been  hurt before.

Actions speak louder than cue cards. We'll see what he does when he gains his voice again...will he be able to ignore his conscience and slide back into his old profession? 

Hehe... Bob Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues...

Studying science taught me how to suspend judgment. 'Tis a valuable ability.

I will get along without Beck so I will suspend judgment.

The thing that makes me wary of him is that he didn't mention orientation, unless you count the part where he said I don't want to control your marriage. Don't get me wrong, I would gladly join forces with him, but he can be a terrible enemy, which makes me take pause before considering him to be a friend. He's right though. We Americans have a horrible problem with having to assign blame to people, to cover our own asses. We need to stop that. When we see a problem, we should fix it first, and punish those responsible later. It's like arguing about who left the oven on to decide who calls the fire department. Shut up and fix the problem.

Stop bickering, stop fighting over rights, stop hating one another and fix your damn problems, America.

A divided people is a weak people. That's from fourth grade, History of Kentucky. Kentucky's motto is: united we stand, divided we fall. The two party system plays off of identity politics so well that it managed to  keep the middle class from doing anything about out-sourcing for an entire generation.  We've let a lot of things rot on the side-burner while we hashed out the civil rights movements. 

RSS

Forum

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 3 hours ago. 201 Replies

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Ed 4 hours ago. 1 Reply

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Virgil 4 hours ago. 114 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Ron Humphrey 5 hours ago. 20 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 9 hours ago. 6 Replies

Blog Posts

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Finally, a cool billboard in Arkansas!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 8:21am 2 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service