North Korea publicly executes Christian woman for distributing the Bible

While i don't condone murder, i can't help but notice the irony of this story.

seeing as how the bible is just riddled with story after story about 'righteous' people killing heretics, who's only crime is spreading belief in gods other than Jehovah, i don' think anyone can complain...

article

Tags: bible, korea, north

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its unfortunate when anyone loses their life to the whim of a totalitarian government. But recognizing this may sound callous I have to say: If you are going to knowingly break the laws of a known dictatorial rogue regime, you need to be prepared to pay the price. Perhaps this woman was.

Either way, while I decry the horror and injustice (as we understand the term) I'll not mourn her passing.

Hump
http://atheistcamel.blogspot.com/
It was God's will.
In her eyes, the choice was break North Korea's laws, or break the laws of an all powerful master of space and time who wields the power to burn her forever. Not a contest. She felt God wanted her to spread his message. She was probably fully prepared to pay the price, a mild one compared to what she thought God would have done.

I'm not even going to say it was her delusion that got her killed, because that would be like saying it's a woman's dress sense that gets her raped. No, the fault lies with the ones who killed her.

That could have been one of us years ago. Whatever crazy beliefs some of us have, we're all still human.

RSS

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service