I'm interested in starting one. I think we need to take a lot of the positives from religion, and none of the negatives.  What do you think?

Views: 966

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I mean, if this is for non-theists, specifically, then shouldn't the scope be a whole load of stuff which has nothing to do with religion?

Good question.  Because now, there's a religion just for atheists, based on two simple principles, the second an application of the first, and the first derived straight from evolution itself.  This religion corresponds exactly to the core of the existing religions. 

Then join it - that seems to be what you seek.  As for the rest of the world that doesn't believe in leprechauns, I can't imagine a need to join. 

I'm in it right now.  It has a membership of 1. 

Ok, but there are plenty of other non-theistic clubs in the world that have larger memberships, most of them being far more interesting to me - so I'll give your club a pass.

Story of my life. 

Then perhaps you should stop trying to emulate the same patterns that dictated your theistic life and find some other interests.

I've been an atheist since the age of 5.  If it ever said anything else on my profile, it was because I made half of it up because I considered the questions intrusive. 

I think a lot of us consider your constant bullshit on this issue intrusive.

Do you now?  Oh dear. 

Then why keep trying to impose such patterns on your life?

It's not so much imposing them on myself as being guided by these principles, and I find that they serve me brilliantly.  It's not like a magic wand though, sometimes I need to get guidance off other people who also follow the same principles. 

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 3 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service