This is not me.

It is a simple question. Why are nipples/breasts so taboo? I want your opinion. Guys with their shirt off it is okay, but a girl, "OMG DON'T LOOK KIDS! NIPPLES!!! YOU SHOULD BE ashamed OF YOURSELF!" Keep in mind a lot of men have bigger breasts than most women!

Also, is this picture not as taboo in your mind because the nipples have been erased? Finally, while we are on it. Why can we have nipples of african tribes on public TV but not other races? Why the divide?

I know these sounds like silly questions, but I want some rational discussion over this topic.

Peace and love <3

Soph

Tags: breasts, nipples, taboo

Views: 6929

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seriously, women's nipples here are Muslim women's bodies in the middle east. If women were suddenly allowed to go topless here, sure, I might stare for a few days, but anyone who's spent 6 hours straight at a topless bar (please don't tell me I'm the only one...) knows that you get accustomed to it. I bet they have 'facey' clubs over in some middle eastern caves somewhere... ;)

And, more to the point, since no one else has asked... Are those your chesticles in the picture there, Sophie? If they are, congratulations on your well-endowed mammaries.

BTW, nothing I've said here is original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEZXb62WxkM
Doug Stanhope really gets into the 'tits in America' debate, and puts some pretty good points out there.
~Maggie
And, more to the point, since no one else has asked... Are those your chesticles in the picture there, Sophie? If they are, congratulations on your well-endowed mammaries.

I wanted to ask, but...
Yea, I lacked the balls for that question.
I wanted to ask too, but couldn't figure out how to go about it. Kudos to Chris.
I was wondering when someone would ask. But no that is not me. I should have made that clear in the original post.

Sorry to disappoint.
Well, since we all agree that it is no big deal, maybe you should....

...just kidding! ;-)

Although, I'd bet a million dollars that was the next thought for many of the men following this thread. See? You can't take us guys anywhere civilized.
I did laugh a little with that video.

Thanks again for everyone staying civil on this. Seriously, it is hard to find in the nets.
See he hits right on my point. You would stair for about a day and then you would get over it. But that is likely day dreaming on my part.
Well despite the fact their owner is anonymous, those knockers are knockin.
And walkin around topless would be amazing for the first coupla days until we males got used to it. Then it would just be moderately awesome for the rest of shirtless eternity.
This dude totally nailed it... that was hilarious, thanks for sharing. ;D
I completely agree. I breastfed for a combined total of 4 years. In that time I saw a LOT of reactions to the female nipple. Though I did have plenty of negative experiences, by far the most common reaction from my more conservative friends was about 30 seconds of them feeling uncomfortable, blushing, and fumbling for words, then they shook it off and continued chatting like normal.

Breastfeeding moms get the fuzziest end of the lollipop in this deal. Even in the last couple years there have been numerous cases of women being arrested for nursing in public. I've had a dog in that fight for the last decade and thankfully, most states have finally passed laws to protect a woman's right to breastfeed anywhere she is allowed to be with an infant. We also used to stage "nurse-ins" whenever someone was thrown out of a restaurant or public area for refusing to feed their infant in a bathroom. Hello? I'm not eating my lunch in a bathroom!

FREE THE BOOOBIEEEEEES!!!!!
HAHA I had to laugh! But seriously, I never thought about the breast feeding aspect.
I doubt it. I worked in a grocery for almost 14 years and I never got used to the beautiful women that visited my store daily. I often joked that I fell in love at least a dozen times a week. And most of the time, these women were fully clothed, yet managed to arouse strong interest in not only me, but many of the males working in the store.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Happy zombie Jesus day

Started by Gallup's Mirror in Announcements 2 minutes ago. 0 Replies

Blog Posts

Seeing the man in the child.

Posted by Diane on April 19, 2014 at 9:52am 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon