This is not me.

It is a simple question. Why are nipples/breasts so taboo? I want your opinion. Guys with their shirt off it is okay, but a girl, "OMG DON'T LOOK KIDS! NIPPLES!!! YOU SHOULD BE ashamed OF YOURSELF!" Keep in mind a lot of men have bigger breasts than most women!

Also, is this picture not as taboo in your mind because the nipples have been erased? Finally, while we are on it. Why can we have nipples of african tribes on public TV but not other races? Why the divide?

I know these sounds like silly questions, but I want some rational discussion over this topic.

Peace and love <3

Soph

Tags: breasts, nipples, taboo

Views: 6933

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The thing is, most mammals' mammaries are pointed toward the ground-- notice that most mammals have sex from behind/on all fours. Not a coincidence.

I've often wished they were on the back, it would make ballroom dancing so much more fun.

My father fought in New Guinea in WWII and came back with some photos. They encountered some tribes that were basically living in the stone age. The women's breasts were pancakey and not very firm and perky. The nipples pointed toward the ground even when they were standing erect. They sure pointed down when they were in doggy position.

Isn't that likely to have been because of breast-feeding, and lack of support for the Cooper's muscle, from not wearing a bra? I've seen a similar phenomena amoung South American aboriginal "Indians" - the teen=age girls have cute, perky breasts, while the women with children have developed a droop.

Could be. I suspect nutrition plays a role, too.

Now there's something. How old were they? And how much mass did they have on them? Mass is fat (I think on average women have some 9 billion more fat cells than men), fat indicates nourishment. Fertility goddesses come to mind.

Here's one of many examples, Lewal, judge for yourself --

I expect that it only because they seem so inviting...

This doesn't directly relate to nips, per se, but it does represent one man's viewpoint as to why we Human's are the only animals that clothe ourselves, and may offer some degree of insight.

Strega flies back from England today (she wears out more brooms that way), and I KNOW she won't resist checking into this thread for laughs at some of the wacky answers, so I just want to insert a little "Welcome Back!" gesture --

Why thank you :)  Here is the 'welcome home' surprise I found in the living room when I got in:-

Can I get the name of your interior decorator?

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service