This is not me.

It is a simple question. Why are nipples/breasts so taboo? I want your opinion. Guys with their shirt off it is okay, but a girl, "OMG DON'T LOOK KIDS! NIPPLES!!! YOU SHOULD BE ashamed OF YOURSELF!" Keep in mind a lot of men have bigger breasts than most women!

Also, is this picture not as taboo in your mind because the nipples have been erased? Finally, while we are on it. Why can we have nipples of african tribes on public TV but not other races? Why the divide?

I know these sounds like silly questions, but I want some rational discussion over this topic.

Peace and love <3

Soph

Tags: breasts, nipples, taboo

Views: 7562

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With some surprise I realized that I don't recall this showing up anywhere in this thread:

I echo your astonishment, it's priceless!

Here's a wiki on attitudes, by country, on public breastfeeding . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breastfeeding_in_public#Attitudes_by_c...

From Wikipedia:

Sierra Leone has the highest infant mortality rate in the world. During a goodwill trip to the country, actress Salma Hayek breastfed on camera a hungry week-old infant whose mother could not produce milk. She said she did it to reduce the stigma associated with breastfeeding and to encourage infant nutrition.

I commend your exhaustive research, Exile - apparently you find the subject titillating --

Ha ha. Just attempting to insert something . . . anything . . . objective into this prolonged discussion.

Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Yes, thank you for keeping us abreast of this issue.

Guys. Breasts are sexual. Because they nourish offspring. It's evolution. That's really kinda all there is to it.

Speaking for myself, nourishing offspring is not the reason I respond to them in a sexual way. I would think most women view them as more than just milk jugs, too.

Nobody knows what to say.  I think his face says it all. 

I think it says "this milk is sour"

"Sour" is all the milk that you look at. 

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 0 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service