This is not me.

It is a simple question. Why are nipples/breasts so taboo? I want your opinion. Guys with their shirt off it is okay, but a girl, "OMG DON'T LOOK KIDS! NIPPLES!!! YOU SHOULD BE ashamed OF YOURSELF!" Keep in mind a lot of men have bigger breasts than most women!

Also, is this picture not as taboo in your mind because the nipples have been erased? Finally, while we are on it. Why can we have nipples of african tribes on public TV but not other races? Why the divide?

I know these sounds like silly questions, but I want some rational discussion over this topic.

Peace and love <3

Soph

Tags: breasts, nipples, taboo

Views: 7766

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Women are the ones who control each other nowadays.

Be honest you don't dress for us hetero men. You dress to avoid condemnation from other women and possibly gay men.

As for men being shirtless, the only reason some of us wear pants is because it would creep women out if we didn't.

Well yes human female peacocking is a competition between females, but the underlying reason is definitely for sexual attention.

It's interesting how in much of the rest of the animal kingdom, the males are guilty of trying to out-plumage each other, not the females.

Boys will be boys...

The attempts by humans for the male to peacock fail miserably.

Metrosexuality a prime example.

Very odd indeed. A good number of men dont dance either. Of course women should count that lucky if we were the ones attracting you prostitution income with go away for alot of women and so would sugar daddies and big diamond rings.

Clearly money has become the male plumage in many cases.

As for men in modern societies refusing to dance, perhaps they realize courtship dance displays say too much about sexual health and attractiveness. If your sugar baby keeps begging you to dance and you're a terrible dancer, throw money and diamonds at her instead.

Not to toot my own phallic musical instrument but i dont include myself amongst the non dancing of my gender.

That study though seems to imply, the robot, with its large sweeping torso and arm movement, might be the most attractive of dances for female arousal but im not seeing it.

haha Well the hilarity of the dances will certainly vary by culture, and the findings (youtube clip) aren't as important as the fact that dancing is still a way for females to gauge male attractiveness during courtship. Physically unattractive males who can dance well become much more attractive while they're dancing, and vice versa. Whether or not the robot is an attractive dance is irrelevant. There are certainly males who make the robot look pretty amazing and those who make it look more painfully comical than it already is. My boyfriend is in the latter group. In fact, it should be illegal for him to even pretend to dance in public.

So cover the ugly with smooth dance moves... you heard it here fellas.

Humans are a product of the evolutionary process. Whatever forwards the successful passing of our genes to the next generation is done with mindless, random efficiency. We delude ourselves into thinking man's jealous 'protection' of our women is a commandment from our god/morality/ethics. Be clear that our minds are subservient to our selfish genes. Those who come from that realization are the true masters of their destiny... if you believe in that sorta thing... ;-)
I believe woman's nipples and breasts should never be exposed in public, unless it's in a nudist colony. As far as I know (but I don't have the facts)a man's chest (and nipples) doesn't arouse woman, like women's breasts and nipples arouse men. Of course, I'm not talking about what it would be like to gay people. I think that is quite another story. I am only speaking about heterosexual people. That said, I don't think it is appropiate for even a heterosexual man to not have a shirt on, in front of the general public, unless at the beach, or with his own family.
Interesting. So what you're saying, Joe, is that whatever arouses men should be forbidden from public exposure? The exposure of women's breasts to people such as nudists is no big deal to them. Why? Because there's no taboo against it. Nudist men (and boys) aren't aroused when they see a female because their presence is familiar. A nudist does not equate nudity with sexual arousal because it's relative to what he's used to seeing. You're arguing against female nudity on the sole reason that you don't want to get a boner? Once you start down that slippery slope, you remove the responsibility of the male's role in sexuality by placing it squarely on the liberty of the female. Where does one draw the line? Birquas? What about men with shoe fetishes?
Great point. I'd like to add that since many men are also aroused by other female features such as legs, necklines, lips, and faces, that these should never be exposed in public either. But I am confused about the last bit. Gay men at a beach should never go shirtless or is it okay to do so if his parents and/or siblings are with him? Please clarify.

RSS

Forum

What would happen...

Started by Griffin Buckerfield in Small Talk. Last reply by captain kingsway 2 hours ago. 1 Reply

"I'm Christian and I vote."

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 10 hours ago. 39 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 0 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service