This is not me.

It is a simple question. Why are nipples/breasts so taboo? I want your opinion. Guys with their shirt off it is okay, but a girl, "OMG DON'T LOOK KIDS! NIPPLES!!! YOU SHOULD BE ashamed OF YOURSELF!" Keep in mind a lot of men have bigger breasts than most women!

Also, is this picture not as taboo in your mind because the nipples have been erased? Finally, while we are on it. Why can we have nipples of african tribes on public TV but not other races? Why the divide?

I know these sounds like silly questions, but I want some rational discussion over this topic.

Peace and love <3

Soph

Tags: breasts, nipples, taboo

Views: 7776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Details?

I'm curious what the friend said?

And, apparently, I've killed another thread... :(
I think we have a tendency to make anything obviously functionally sexual taboo as we moved from H/G and tribes to Ag states. As women lost their economic equality they were given status in new, albeit silly and subservient ways, like chivalry and modesty. Their sexuality became their only real power and breasts are a symbol of both.

I believe that this was a phase and will probably go by the wayside, eventually. Breasts are nice, after all, but nowhere near as erotic and lovely as a bare belly...erm.. wrote too much. Anyway, that is my take, for what it is worth.
Whoever Photoshopped the nipples off of this is an evil wicked person.
Haha!
The picture is not as attractive to me because the nipples are gone. The nipples are a huge turn on , both visually and they send immediate responses to my brain that make my mouth produce saliva. This picture didn't do anything like that.

I think that men are visually more attractive to women than women are to men. Women have attraction to personality , dress style , social status , etc. I have been told by female friends that when they see a cute guy , they think about holding hands or talking ... maybe even kissing but not much more than that until they get to know them.

I can say though I don't find it taboo in the least. I wouldn't freak out if my son or daughter caught a view of a nude women or man. It's so irrational to freak out as we were born naked , that is our natural state. I also won't freak out about a daughter who wants to date a guy. I'll just educate her on contraception and birth control and tell her to be safe and that I love her and to please have her discuss anything if she has any concerns.

But naked women walking around the streets would definitely be a traffic hazard. My head turns when a cute girl in a tight pair of jeans walks down the street.
Girl or woman?

I sometimes use the words interchangeably.  But I am 24 and can be extremely attracted to older women.  Courtney Cox , Goldie Hawn , Cameron Diaz all come to mind ... 

But they would both be traffic hazard , doesn't matter what age , really as long as they've 'got it' so to speak.  

They make guys lubricious, as did Eve, the primary sinner, etc., etc., et tedious cetera.

I totally agree with you!! Why IS it that men can go in public without a shirt and women can't? The only real difference is that womens are bigger,although I do agree that some mens can be bigger than some womens.Let's not forget too that MEN ALSO have nipples. hmmmmm makes about as much sense as religion,go figure....

a facebook friend of mine recently asked if he took a picture of a topless woman and photoshopped men's nipples over it, should it be allowed on to be displayed on the front cover of a magazine?

damn fine question i thought but was stuck for any sort of answer

I've seen back boobs that would rival anyones front boobs... but that's ok...

I think men have been controlling and containing women for far too long... that's why they get to be shirtless... Also religious nuts... I can't leave them out!

No offense modern men..

RSS

Blog Posts

coexist

Posted by aubrey knows nothing * on October 23, 2014 at 9:25pm 1 Comment

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 6 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service