This is not me.

It is a simple question. Why are nipples/breasts so taboo? I want your opinion. Guys with their shirt off it is okay, but a girl, "OMG DON'T LOOK KIDS! NIPPLES!!! YOU SHOULD BE ashamed OF YOURSELF!" Keep in mind a lot of men have bigger breasts than most women!

Also, is this picture not as taboo in your mind because the nipples have been erased? Finally, while we are on it. Why can we have nipples of african tribes on public TV but not other races? Why the divide?

I know these sounds like silly questions, but I want some rational discussion over this topic.

Peace and love <3

Soph

Tags: breasts, nipples, taboo

Views: 7642

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can't buy that Reggie, I've dated too many strippers - no drain, no pain.

What's the attraction of strippers?

What's not to like?

Yes, we men hold a secret convention every year where we as a group discuss controlling women through their bras.

You really believe that sort of horsesh*t?

So why did "liberated" women of the 60's burn their bras in protest, if they didn't feel there was a correlation?

The same reason why certain words have become taboo.
For example "Nigger"? It is just a word! It only hurts you if you let it! Thoughts? With out making that a whole new topic please. Thanks
I agree. To keep changing the "most pc term of the day" every decade or two just elevates offensive words to godlike status. I refuse to give any word that much power.

On a similar note, ever seen the vagina monologues? It was odd, but the bit on women reclaiming the word cunt cracked me up.
Its all relative and subjective but the masses think other wise, Cultural hegemony at its finest.
It is completely rational to be offended at the hanging of innocent people. The thought of it nauseates me. However, I don't think that it's rational to be offended by an associated word. Words are just tools for our use; they provide a means to express a specific emotion or convey an idea. If I yell shit instead of fiddlesticks when I stub my toe, bystanders will understand my pain in a different way. People who don't curse may in fact be confining and limiting themselves, which saddens me. Furthermore, "eat shit" means something completely different than "holy shit". Words are tools and context is everything.
If someone says nigger, well, then they're expressing an idea that involves racism because that's what the word means. There is no reason to be offended by the word and its definition, but there may be a reason to be offended by the speaker if that word is being used as a tool to hurt someone. The judgment that we may make about the person who uses the word nigger based on the definition and history of the word.... well.... we usually come to the conclusion that the speaker is a racist fuck. (not a meany... but a racist fuck).
So yes, be offended by the speaker and the context but please realize that no word should be "banned". They're important tools. What you're really looking for is to ban racism... which unfortunately is more difficult than rendering a word taboo.
Sorry soph, this is tots a topic
Blacks call each other that word all the time , so that is proof the word is harmless unless used derogatorily ... but then they get pretty upset if a white person would use the word and cry the 'racist' card.  But that's as far as I'll go , let's get back to the nipples , yes?
You, sir, are brilliant. I laughed for a good twelve minutes at the last sentence.
:P

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 6 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 6 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service