This is not me.

It is a simple question. Why are nipples/breasts so taboo? I want your opinion. Guys with their shirt off it is okay, but a girl, "OMG DON'T LOOK KIDS! NIPPLES!!! YOU SHOULD BE ashamed OF YOURSELF!" Keep in mind a lot of men have bigger breasts than most women!

Also, is this picture not as taboo in your mind because the nipples have been erased? Finally, while we are on it. Why can we have nipples of african tribes on public TV but not other races? Why the divide?

I know these sounds like silly questions, but I want some rational discussion over this topic.

Peace and love <3

Soph

Tags: breasts, nipples, taboo

Views: 7975

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can I claim to be an exception to your rule? I'd frickin' LOVE IT if any girl I was dating did that!

Just sayin'... :D
hah , you and me both.  That would be the best girlfriend ever...

Actually Reggie it depends on the guy. I think the only guy who would mind, is a man who is insecure in his relationship or as you said a total misogynistic hypocrite. If my girlfriend was hot, which she is, and she wanted to walk around topless, and men kept looking, I would love it because no matter how hard they look, i know it means nothing because she's with me. I'd be proud of it.

Actually, I am sure you could find super secure guys that don't mind in the least if other men had sex with their significant other, but I don't see how that changes my overall point that was meant to be taken as a general rule, not an absolute.  

In Western cultures, right or wrong, boobs fall into that category of "private".  While you might be so amazingly secure that men staring at your girlfriend's breasts is something to be proud of, would you feel the same if it were her genitals they were viewing?  Are you secure enough to allow some touching of these body parts as if it were no more than the shaking of hands?  I doubt it.  But even if you are fine and dandy with all that, then you in the minority and I don't agree that such attitudes are necessarily progressive or admirable.

I wouldn't mind if other men had sex with my significant other as long as I was absolutely certain they were STD free (tested) and I was allowed to have sex with other women that were tested.  I really feel like if married couples went on a sexual shopping spree once in a while , they would be happier at home when they are together.  But that's just me .......err tested and using protection , as tests I am guessing are 100% certain.

I really gotta agree with Robert here.

I joke with my better half - stealing the "Friends" line  and barstardising it  "Joey doesn't share BOOB!!"

But if my girl wanted to go topless, that's her choice not mine.  And if some jackass wanted to be ...  well ...  a jackass.  It'd be him I'd hit not her.

I think it has a lot to do with the christian culture of hyper-sexualising women, and objectifying the differences.  If you look at non-abrahamic religious born cultures, you will not see the huge hangups that christanity (in all it's breeds) judaism and islam has about sex and women.

Would I mind if women walked around topless?  Hell no!  I enjoy seeing breasts.  Would I be upset if my girl walked around topless?  Not in the least, I'm perfectly comfortable in our commitment to each other.

Humans have a fascination with the forbidden - check Gen 3 - remove the prohibition, the fascination wanes.

I would be more than happy for my wife or girlfriend to walk around topless.  I would love for her to showcase the beauty of which she hides underneath.  If I find her face to be beautiful and attractive , would I wish for her to hide that as well?  Then why her breasts...?  I suppose most men would not feel the same as I.
Yes, and if you could manage to convince both your wife and your girlfriend to walk around topless at the same time together, then that would be all the better.
LOL!
As long as I'm still the only one that gets to touch I could care less. xD But then again I'm a heathen liberal youth! xD

So, you have performed this "experiment" on a statistically valid sample of the male population?

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service