Website

Marshall Vian Summers claims to be receiving a new message from God. Over the past thirty years, Summers has recorded more than 800 spoken revelations while living in seclusion in the foothills of the Colorado Rockies. He claims these revelations come from God and are being given to him by angelic emissaries.

When asked about his "New Message," Summers said, "It was revealed to me by an Angel of God, a powerful, mysterious presence that filled my mind and the surrounding environment with grace."

In the beginning, Summers found believers in his wife, his son and a small group of committed students. Yet now, a growing number of people are staking their faith in Summers' claims, and most live far from Colorado.

From South Korea to Uganda to Saudi Arabia, people are congregating virtually on Summers' website, and his organization regularly releases translations in seven languages.

With followers worldwide, Summers' organization has turned to live internet broadcasting to preach the word. One Sunday a month, Summers presents via webcast an "original revelation of the New Message from God" to his viewers.

And on February 6th, Summers will descend Moses-like from his proverbial mountain in the Rockies to offer his newest digital stone tablets from God. This month's release: a 47-minute revelation entitled "Deeper Recognition in Relationships."

Thoughts?  Besides "He is full of crap."

Views: 3598

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Student -

No, I do not, would not, will not follow any gods, goddesses. All superstitious fakes.

No god, male female or it. 

I was also bought up in a christian family, complete with extra studies in catechism, and as I said, could not get past the garden of eden stuff - but I read on - and more and more I realized that this god is evil. I was continually shocked and appalled by this being - who was supposed to all loving etc. and that is what started me really wondering, all these other people are reading the same book - why don't they recognize, from the garden of eden on, a tyrant, and a stupid one at that. It just didn't make sense to me. So, once again, I don't know where you are getting the wise, the compassionate etc. from.

You are going back to cave-dwellers. That is a good thing. I would think we had evolved a tad since then. Just because women have babies, DOES NOT give men the right to make the rules. To subjugate women in any way shape or form. What makes you think, in cave dwelling days, the man was making decisions. He would decide where to hunt, but that is it. 

Women just didn't evolve to stay at home, they were kept there by society. In the 1940's, after the second world war, a female that had a job, had to quit - why, because she married. She was not allowed, by law, to work after marriage. Not her choice. 

Women, all around the world, could not vote if they were married, because they were not allowed to work, they were just walking incubators, and were not, by law, allowed to own property in their own name, once they married - Not her choice.

Everything she owned went to the husband - Not her choice. Women went on hunger strikes, threw themselves under the hooves of a horse, chained themselves to railings - turfed out of their own home by husbands - all because they stood up for themselves. And women are still fighting, to this day, for equal rights. Any country, that does not allow total equality for women, goes backwards.

The first country that, by law, women could vote, was lil' old New Zealand, not America. 

There are too many secular countries to name here - extend your education - as a student - and have a look at the list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_state  some of these countries have a monarch, which is usually religious, but mostly, they have little or no say in the politics of the country. ie. Great Britain.

I live in Australia - here, we have an  Atheist, Female, unmarried, living with her boyfriend Prime Minister. How brilliant is that. When do you think this will occur in US of A.

Western secular countries have a greater standard of living, education is of a much higher standard and free, than 'religious' countries, secular countries have more scientists, less poverty and people living on the street, free hospital and medical, as does Australia, New Zealand, Sweden Finland, Holland, Denmark etc. It's called more civilized.

Atheist do not think selves as gods - if only. 

Charles Bukowski was saying what he would do if he was god, doing all the things a god of your bible should be doing, drink beer, well jesus changed water into wine, to extrapolate, was probably a drinker, something I personally don't do - and to  kill war - your god loved war, and declared war and torture on millions of people. This is really an enigma to me.

But I really did absolutely love the bit "We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us. Just brilliant. 

Your next statement - when a person does not serve God, s/he finds something else to serve, because our personal minds cannot help but serve.

No, the only thing I fight against are the hypocrites who hide behind the cloth and cross - Australia is a secular country - I can and do say the pope is evil and causing death, I can say all his hierarchy and corrupt bankers are evil power mongers, I say that people who talk to god, are really sad, but if that is the only thing that keeps them on the straight and narrow - you just keep on doing it.

Frigging white unicorn, while you and your boss make blanket statements such as women are more prone to persuasion, and that women can be petty and get angry over insignificant matters - if you lump all women in this category, you are going to have a very hard time finding a partner. This is the most patronizing, misogynistic claptrap, and you and your summers deserve each other.

Now that I know what you, your clan and summers are doing, contemplating your navels, living in fear of aliens, talking to god, and therefore are self centred, selfish, self absorbed, self obsessed, why would I want to live like that. Your summers has wasted his whole life - he has lived in fear his whole life, and he is taking a gullible group with him. If that's how you want to live, go for it.

Because, chickadee, there ain't no aliens, there ain't no god..

I don't make angry rants just for the sake off...but you really should look into reading more history - I believe the xian church plagiarized existing pagan gods and goddesses. Do your research, as most atheists have done. But above anything else, the god of the bible is just not good enough for me, the stories too violent, the men are stupid and territorial, they are writing in an era of superstition, they knew nothing of science, why on earth anybody follows it, and think the stories are good, is beyond me.

So, my offer still stands, when the aliens don't come, when you realise it has been one big con, send me an  email. I will welcome you with open arms.

Cheers - Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

I was about to pack up and leave this web site because someone started an indisputable “movement” to ostracize me. : )

Thank you for responding to me. I marvel momentarily at how the internet can bring people from all over the world to share their thoughts on a blog like this.

I completely understand where you come from in your stance regarding the Garden of Eden and the bible, etc. I wasn’t as angry about it as you were or are, but I, too, had a lot of questions. It bothered me a great deal that I had to believe in every word of the bible without questioning. I sincerely believed that God wouldn’t be so inconsistent as portrayed in the bible and that God wouldn’t forbid people to question about God, religions, the bible, etc. The god portrayed in the bible seemed too oppressive, fickle, and unapproachable.

I gave up on the religion I was born into but I never did on God and I remained spiritual. I thought that there must be some errors in the bible or in the way people believed in God. Also, I didn’t completely reject the bible because I did find values in some of its Teachings: turn the other cheek, do unto others as you’d want them to do unto you, love thy enemies, etc. There are many Teachings in the bible, which are meant to incite Wisdom and compassion in people.

People want their religions or beliefs to be the most correct or most worthy to God, that, in the name of their religions, they have even killed and died for it. It’s tragic.

Suzanne, first, God isn’t mine to claim. If you’re speaking of god in the bible (who loved war, declared war, torture millions of people, etc. as you put it), then I must remind you again how people in the position of power used God as an excuse and manipulated and modified the bible in their self-serving quests. God doesn’t do this. God is the author of all creations; God is God of all intelligent beings in the physical universe as well as all other universes and all dimensions. God isn’t what you think of as described in the bible. God doesn’t micromanage individuals here or anywhere. God doesn’t micromanage weather phenomena or war or any events occurring on this planet or any planet.

What I mentioned regarding cave-dwellers and men in the position of power historically, was not mean to justify subjugation of women by the men but to give ourselves a broader understanding as to how, evolutionally, women’s places became positioned at home and men’s places outside home. I think it’s more important to put emphasis on development and advancement of women and take actions accordingly, rather than on antagonism against men as a whole and act upon it with hostility. I understand your stance on historical inequality between men and women, particularly in the positions of power. But you’re now enjoying the benefit of the results of the women’s equality movement. If you still find inequality and injustice in the society. Then you need to get your act together, Suzanne, face your weaknesses to correct them, build upon your strengths, develop and advance in your abilities, and become wiser in the process so that you can give yourself in serving the humanity. Then you will be able to serve not in a tyrannical manner but in an altruistic manner. I perceive that you have that quality in you if you are willing to reroute your energy in the right direction to use it more effectively and positively.

All of the laws that didn’t benefit women were fashioned by men who then held the legislative power exclusively. It was a time before women began their equal right movement which was a transitional period to current state. It is true that in many Islamic countries, women are still extremely oppressed, and in some cases, very violently. So some religious countries are, indeed, using religions to oppress women. I have contemplated on the difference between the western countries you mentioned with a higher standard of living and education and the USA, for example. Do these countries you mention have absolutely no religion or no national religion? There are other eastern religious countries with a higher standard of living and education than USA as well. So, I’m not sure if it has anything to do with religions.

The reason that USA or other declining countries are so corrupted now has much to do with the ETs, believe it or not. The Extraterrestrial Intervention that started gathering in a growing number after the atomic bomb exploded in 1945 perceived that the USA, Russia, and Japan, in particular, were the most powerful countries in the world. So, in their attempt to disintegrate human society, they started luring the leaders of these countries with inducements such as wealth, power, and dominion over the world. Those who have fallen under ETs’ persuasion would even sell out their people in order to acquire what was promised to them. Unfortunately, the dominion over the world will not be theirs to claim, but the ETs’. These people in the position of power are just being used to make the transition from human-ruled world to a completely different world which will be ruled by extraterrestrial races behind the scene. Those corrupted human leaders are puppets manipulated by the ETs from behind the scene; they may not even know that they are being manipulated by the extraterrestrial forces. So, here again, though corruption and human sufferings as a result are all tragic, it is the result of the manipulation by the Extraterrestrial Intervention, which people will not be able to discern without preparing in the Way of Knowledge.

Suzanne, I have witnessed UFOs on four different occasions as have millions of other people all over the world as demonstrated by the data that was collected by the witnesses who have reported their sightings. I didn’t report them so these numbers don’t even include people like me. To deny God because you cannot experience God is one thing because not too many people do experience God so either they believe or they deny. But to deny the presence of extraterrestrial beings here is to deny many, many people’s experiences of witnessing UFOs and being abducted by the extraterrestrial beings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vyVe-6YdUk

Extraterrestrial beings are already here and they have been carrying out sinister activities covertly. To deny this is to live in rejection out of fear. The warning by the Allies of Humanity is not meant to incite fear but to incite awareness and wisdom so that it may seek sorely needed education about life in the universe, so that the humanity can prepare for its future which will be unlike the past. I do not say studying history is useless but right now, the humanity is running out of time to prepare to be discussing about injustice and grievances from the past. It must grow out of its juvenile state, have a sober understanding of the present situations, prepare for the future, and unite.

The humanity’s fate is sealed if it doesn’t pull itself together. This is regardless of your or anyone’s stance on religions or deities. You cannot clump millions of people’s experiences worldwide together as some collective delusion so you can go back to your fight with men. I say this out of love for humanity and because I think people like you can make a difference if you direct your energy in the right direction. I say this to awaken you to the reality and set aside your conflict for a higher cause.

The ETs are undoubtedly here.

To argue over whether or not they are present here is utterly a waste of time. They are not here to help or save the humanity as they portrayed themselves to be. Only humanity can strengthen itself and save itself. To that end, the humanity must cease conflict. It must grow out of its selfish, self-centered, self-indulging behaviors so that it can prepare. Suzanne, you’re now aware of the ETs’ presence but you want to reject the notion altogether. If you reject the notion, you won’t take any actions. If you don’t take any actions, then you will not have the future in which you can fight men or religious people because, once the ETs take control of the world, the humanity will lose freedom and self-determination. The ETs do not value freedom and they are strictly controlling and controlled.

This is not the time to be bickering over power that women didn’t have in the past or all the tragedies that are going on in the world. All of these will have to take the backburner for now, for what can the humanity achieve if it loses its freedom and self-determination? If you lose your self-determination, you couldn’t even think about fighting against injustice because anything ETs deem chaotic and useless will be bred out of the humanity.

I think we have digressed from the main topic of this forum and I’ve been expending too much time and energy on discussion that I didn’t originally intend to have when I started posting in this forum. If there are any questions or comments relevant to the New Message from God, then I will respond. Otherwise, I am going to have to respectfully decline commenting on any other irrelevant topics.

I wish you well, Suzanne.

Dear Student of Knowledge,

You may be a student - I am curious to know your age - but not of knowledge. Your lack of knowledge and understanding  of the bible, and of history is one of the major flaws in any of your arguments. 

Your lack of analysis of YOUR bible, is how and where these myth were tacked on, plagiarized and absorbed, as with the very first big event in the bible. Your lack of analysis of the garden of eden, and my realization that the time line for it, are codswollop. This was the bibles FIRST mistake. That's why I was banging on about misogyny. That's where it started. Without a demon, (blame everybody else) it's the snake's fault, and then it is Eve's fault. So why would anybody NOT analyze it, and understand what it was saying? I don't take anything face value any more.

That is when I first started to doubt this god who is supposed to be all loving etc. I was bought up catholic, and now think it is just one of the evils on this planet, and you, my sweet, kept on believing. That is the point - I stopped and analyzed - you did not. If you didn't believe in god, you would not have been taken in by the first charlatan that comes your way. So, you were already eighty per cent there. He then just had to convince you there were aliens. Fill you with fear - that's how they all work - if there were aliens, why not make them like ET. Lovely, empathetic, happy, funny, loving - wouldn't work with summers - no power in that - had to make them evil and your tribe must fear them.

Your summers is a misogynist - no risk - his admiration of women is superficial - we are not in caves anymore - and any woman worth being called a women - would laugh at his judgment - and you are justifying him - very sad. Just another thing you just don't get.

Face my weaknesses - what weaknesses - I am so wise, I laugh at myself.

You mention some religious countries are misogynistic - don't you get it - it started with the garden of eden!!!!!!!!!! and your god. 

Your quote: all the laws were fashioned by men - Noooooo, by your god.

You must extrapolate - what then - downhill from there. The only fights I have is - against religious people hiding behind fear and hell, and then their hypocrisy, and then all the other christians sitting on their hands, contemplating their navel, waiting for something to happen - out of fear, and NOT worrying about what is happening to humanity in the meantime.

Are you sure summers is not the son of  L. Ron. Hubbard - go look him up, and see where Scientology came from - part of your education.

USA, Russia and Japan - you forgot the big one Germany - the cause of that stinking mess. And your aliens forgot the other big one Muslims. Why didn't your aliens mention Muslims.

If it wasn't for America - and I have a lot of beefs with America, Australia would be under the rule of Japan - Europe, America and You would be under the rule of Germany. Japan came out very well considering what they had done - poor old Russian people, millions died, because of Germany, then were taken over by a dictator, nothing to do with aliens. The only thing that Leaders of countries are lured by is power - that simple.

Corruption and human suffering is - ad nauseam - bought about by people who have read the same book you read, the bible - RELIGION - I went to the site you mentioned - and YOU believe this - jimmied up photos - but if you believe you have seen UFO's, that's your perspective, and I respect that - but the photos are fake, the aliens are fake.

Your lovely summers has an imagination, and can retrofit anything - so can I. Anybody can, some do it better than others, they are called writers. I have made up many stories for children, it's really easy. Your summers has some really clever people working for him - as in Web design - but my problem is, no god, no heaven, that is what this summers is talking about, no hell, therefore no aliens.

Does your Mr Summers believe he is the chosen one, and will rule the world? 

Thanks for that Eugene - I hadn't thought of that. lol.

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity.

- Andre Gide

Cheers - Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

You’re right. I’m not a bible scholar or a historian. I don’t claim to be one. But I am a student of Knowledge, which means I’m studying to reclaim Knowledge. People understandably often confuse knowledge with Knowledge. The former may be embodied by a system of ideas or beliefs or a set of information. The latter is entirely different; it is our deeper intelligence, our knowing mind, our Spiritual Self.

Suzanne, perhaps you didn’t read my post in this forum about how I came to find the New Message from God. Marshall didn’t convince me anything with the alien bits. The New Message from God, which now amounts to over 9000 pages were all received by the Messenger, Marshall Vian Summers, in a state of revelation, from the Angelic Presence that watches over this planet, all except for the two books titled the Allies of Humanity – Book I and the Allies of Humanity – Book II, both of which were received by Marshall from our true allies from outer space. The allies of humanity have left the solar system after providing the warnings, education, and blessings. None of the words in the New Message from God are his personal words or teachings. People often either bash him as a fraud without reading even one of the Teachings or regard the New Message as Marshall’s wise teachings. These Teachings are too vast and too deep and often prophetic to have come from one human being. If Marshall were the source of these 9000 pages of Messages, then he would have to be the wisest person ever lived in the human history.

I’m a little confused by your statement that all the laws were fashioned by “[my] god” rather than by men. If you believe that god doesn’t exist, how can god make any laws? Isn’t that contradictory? God doesn’t micromanage, for God is the God of all sentient beings, in all universes, in all dimensions. God doesn’t micromanage individual’s life or a people’s predicament in this or any other planets. God set things in motion for all the separated beings to return to God through redemption.

I’m not sure what you mean by “Why don’t your aliens mention Muslims?” If you mean the Allies of Humanity mentioning Christianity and the Second Coming, the reason they mention Christianity is that, since Christianity is by far the largest religious group among human beings, the allies were giving an example of what these ETs from the Extraterrestrial Intervention could use of that religion to create allegiance to themselves. The allies are telling us that the Extraterrestrial Intervention could use people’s expectation and hope of Jesus’ Second Coming to bring forth a Jesus that were bred by them, who will garner followers by demonstrating what people expect Jesus to demonstrate, and then preach that his fervent followers to eliminate non-believers. This is what the Allies of Humanity are warning us against. The allies of humanity did mention that the ET Intervention does not care which religion they can use as long as it serves their purpose, i.e., they will use human religions to isolate or eliminate human beings they deem useless or too troublesome.

Suzanne, the resource-seeking extraterrestrial beings have been visiting throughout the human history and beyond. However, when the atomic bomb exploded in Hiroshima in 1945, they became concerned because they thought the humanity would destroy the earth and the resources. They are not concerned about the humanity or its well-being, but they do care about the earth and the resources which they covet and would like to preserve and conserve for themselves. No advanced aliens would thoughtlessly destroy nature and resources in this haphazard manner. They thought they had to act quickly in order to prevent the humanity from destroying this planet and its resources with weapons of mass destruction. They started gathering in a growing number bringing their supplies to this solar system so that they can carry out their activities in the vicinity of this planet. While it’s true that human beings have the tendency of greed for wealth and power, these very things are what the ETs are using to acquire their goals, for they have been studying human psychology and already know the weaknesses of human beings. So, one of their covert activities is influencing people in the position of political power through inducements such as more wealth, more power, and dominion over the world.

Aliens are not devils, demons, or Satan. They don’t regard the humanity as their equal so they feel they are entitled to do whatever they do in attaining their goals. The ETs that are here are resource-explorers just as many groups of people have been in the past. European resource-seekers exploited the Native Americans in order to acquire the American land and its resources. Now, the entire humanity is the native of this planet and the resource-seeking extraterrestrial beings are here to take advantage of the weak and divided family to conquer the world covertly.

The former air force officers all over the world have come forward with their disclosure statements about the UFOs they witnessed up close. They claimed that these vehicles were operated by intelligent beings from outer space. Do you mean to tell me that these respectable gentlemen are kidding around or the UFOs they or millions of other people worldwide witnessed were navigated by nobody?

Dear Student - 

Very confusing - you're not a bible scholar, so where do you get your knowledge from - it's like me saying I am a Biologist, but I don't study Biology - does that really make sense to you - but this is the norm for christians- they live their life from a book that they don't read - truly amazing - you are missing some really interesting stories, about how territorial, stupid and violent humans are.

And you insist on something so trivial as a capital letter or not, and that is the word knowledge. No, people do not confuse the word knowledge, either you have it or you don't. Could you pass any exam at school without knowledge, capital k or not - if you don't know the answers, that is known as fail - lack of knowledge. The god you follow comes from a book of which you have NO knowledge. Truly amazing.

Atheists, generally, know that christians don't read the bible - so I really shouldn't be surprised.

I had a talk to god last night - and he told me all about marshall. Marshall used to be good god fearing man. Marshall started to tell stories to some friends about aliens, just for fun. Marshall had watched a lot of movies about ET's,  like - 

The X from Outer Space - 1967, The Visitor 1979, War of the Worlds - not the Tom Cruise version - Aaggghhhh, The Thing - 1982 - a favourite of mine - very creepy, And of course ET - 1982, Monsters versus Aliens - 2009, Wall-E - 2008 - my personal favourite.

And marshall just started making up some really good stories of his own.  And would you believe it, his friends that were told these stories, actually believed them, they actually thought they were true.

It's just my personal belief, but I think they must have been on the vino.

So, the stories that marshall made up were getting more and more extraordinary. And, once again, his friends believed them as real. Then these friends told other friends, and they told other friends. And before marshal knew it, quite a few people had heard these stories, and once again, they believed them.

Marshall really liked people, at last, taking notice of him. So, marshall hatched a cunning plan. "I will say" said marshall to himself, "god talks to me, and I will say god told me about said aliens, and that they are mean, despicable and have ulterior motives, are going to turn into body snatchers and pillage the earth" - when this in fact is not true.

Anybody who knows anything about aliens, know full well, that they are gentle, kind and really, reaallly smart . They zip around the universe, landing on all sorts of planets around the galaxies and meeting other really nice, really smart aliens. 

So, god was not pleased about how marshal had changed the facts about the aliens - marshall actually wanted to take the place of god, he could see the power he could have over people, how he could make them them anything that HE wanted them to think -

Ahhhh, what an aphrodisiac -  - and god just was not going to let that happen.

So, god told the aliens, "Stay away from the place humans call earth."

In the past aliens had come to earth, and humans shot them and cut them up - when all the aliens wanted to do was make friends and have a cup of tea.

Ah, yes these earth people are stupid and violent.

And to this day, aliens are told by god to stay away - and word got out about how marshall was a fraud and a charletan, and nobody believed his stories any more.

The End.

Cheers - Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

There is no "response" functionality at the end of your post.  So I respond to you here. 

I'm not sure if you shouldn't have become a fiction writer with such imagination.

You know, there is actually a Teaching titled The Burden of the Messenger. From this Teaching and from observing the people and the world, I can understand just a little bit what the Messenger must endure in the world.
http://newmessage.org/ee/index.php/special-teachings/the-burden-of-...

I know that you are an atheist. But you must agree that the world is changing and you must feel the gravity of the circumstances that the humanity is facing. Regardless of their religious background, worldwide, people are feeling this deep within themselves. The Great Waves of Change that is occurring in the world: growing economic hardship and political instability, declining energy and natural resources, climate change and catastrophic weather, loss of arable land and fresh water, pandemic disease, escalating worldwide conflict, and the difficulties that arise from humanity’s ignorance of, denial of, or inaction about the Extraterrestrial Intervention in the world. That is why the New Message from God is sent at this time.

This is why God has sent a New Message into the world, not to answer all your questions, not to solve all your problems, but to ignite a greater intelligence within you and to show you clearly where the world is going and what will be required. … And that is why there is a New Message from God in the world, because without this New Message, humanity would not see, it would not know and it would not act appropriately. It would not prepare for a future that will be unlike the past. It will not recognize the gravity of the situation. And it will not alter its course, its direction or its behavior.

– From What Will End War

http://newmessage.org/ee/index.php/special-teachings/what-will-end-war

It is interesting the claims he is making, but I'm not surprised since he knew and knows he would attract gullible people to follow him.He is not the first person  to make such claims and would obviously not the last.If he lives and believes in such fantasy, it would not be surprising if one day he would claim he has a revelation from heavenly master that he has been ordained to rule the world. People would stop at nothing to gain prominence. Interesting times indeed!

Hi Eugene,

Do you know him that well?

It is interesting the claims he is making, but I'm not surprised since he knew and knows he would attract gullible people to follow him.He is not the first person  to make such claims and would obviously not the last.If he lives and believes in such fantasy, it would not be surprising if one day he would claim he has a revelation from heavenly master that he has been ordained to rule the world. People would stop at nothing to gain prominence. Interesting times indeed!

Hi eugene,

What claim is Marshall making?  All Marshall's writings have been received in a state of revelation, from the Angelic Presence.  None of the words are his own.

Hi Fred,

I wish you well.

As Andre Gide, Nobel prize winning author stated - "The closer you get to religion, the further you get from reality".

(please everybody, stop replying to student of knowledge - you know it only encourages them!!!!) 

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service