Website

Marshall Vian Summers claims to be receiving a new message from God. Over the past thirty years, Summers has recorded more than 800 spoken revelations while living in seclusion in the foothills of the Colorado Rockies. He claims these revelations come from God and are being given to him by angelic emissaries.

When asked about his "New Message," Summers said, "It was revealed to me by an Angel of God, a powerful, mysterious presence that filled my mind and the surrounding environment with grace."

In the beginning, Summers found believers in his wife, his son and a small group of committed students. Yet now, a growing number of people are staking their faith in Summers' claims, and most live far from Colorado.

From South Korea to Uganda to Saudi Arabia, people are congregating virtually on Summers' website, and his organization regularly releases translations in seven languages.

With followers worldwide, Summers' organization has turned to live internet broadcasting to preach the word. One Sunday a month, Summers presents via webcast an "original revelation of the New Message from God" to his viewers.

And on February 6th, Summers will descend Moses-like from his proverbial mountain in the Rockies to offer his newest digital stone tablets from God. This month's release: a 47-minute revelation entitled "Deeper Recognition in Relationships."

Thoughts?  Besides "He is full of crap."

Views: 3738

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After reading the OP, I have a mental image of this guy reading "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handy to his congregation.  Can't imagine I'm too far off.

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Hi erik112358,

On the contrary, the New Message from God encourages people out of their superstitiousness and immaturity, and empowers them to reclaim their greatest power that God has placed within them.

I am trying really, really hard to refrain from your final request - but I have to say, it is almost impossible NOT to say:

He is full of crap.

Sorry, but the whole story smacks of yet another new age prophet type.

Heaven's Gate anyone?

And while I believe, with almost absolute certainty, that there is life on some other planet out there, I also am not sure it is intelligent, and I am almost damn-sure that no extra-terrestrial has visited this planet.

As with any other claims of divinity or deific knowledge, the burden of proof lies with the claimant. Without proof, the only plausible answer is the "full of crap" one.

Hi LotusGeek (or Rocky Oliver, I’m not sure which you prefer to be addressed as),

Thank you for your response and sharing your opinion with me. I’m not sure which final request you are referring to. Could you specify which one you mean?

Here, I’m presuming “Heaven’s Gate” is a religious group? I’m not very familiar with it so I couldn’t add any comments on that.

As far as extraterrestrial beings are concerned, they are not only out there in some other planets, but they are, indeed, “visiting” the planet and have been carrying out some disturbing activities to serve their own ends which is to conquer this planet covertly.

I know where you’re coming from because I also rejected the whole notion of ETs. We learned in high school science class that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. Since the nearest solar system from our own is four light-years away, should any ETs be much more technologically advanced enough than us to even attempt to visit the earth, even if they could travel at the luminal speed or a little slower than that, they would have to travel for at least, four years. That means, they would have to have about eight years of supply and fuel on board their spaceship for the roundtrip. That doesn’t even take into account what we learned in school: that any object accelerating to a speed close to the speed of light will actually gain mass approaching infinity, making it slower and slower. It seemed too far out to even conceive of such notion.

Yet, I have witnessed UFOs on at least four different occasions. On one of the occasions, I have witnessed it moving away at a superluminal speed from a stationary position. In one of the responses I posted here, I mentioned that you would see the path of the object moving at a superluminal speed because it is moving faster than the light approaching your eyes. That is exactly what I witnessed. (I could describe the other UFO sightings I had as well, if you would like to know about them.) So I have, in fact, witnessed UFOs. I know they are here. There is also a mountain of data that has been accrued since the first recorded case of abduction incidence in Roswell, NM in 1947. I believe there were over 150 sightings in that year alone. Since then, there have been many, many sightings all over the world, and many testimonial statements by abductees who were brave enough to speak up about their traumatic experiences, albeit anonymously. If you are so inclined and have the time and energy to search the internet, there is more than enough data available.

When people are not able to observe objectively, they are likely to draw conclusions obscured by fear or preference. They often refuse to see all the evidence or even reject the evidence that they see because they are too afraid to accept the reality indicated by the evidence.

I think your other claim was with the New Message from God being full of nonsense. I just responded to Fred Werther in this blog about my experience of how I came to find out about New Knowledge and all the phases of distrust and skepticism I went through. So I understand exactly where you’re coming from with this as well because I, too, thought it was yet another one of those religions. I won’t retell my experience here again because it can be found in the blog. But, you know, Oliver, Marshall is the conduit of God’s Message; he has been receiving the Message through the Angelic Presence for almost thirty years now. All of the words in the Message have been received by him in a state of revelation; they are not his personal words. He didn’t author any of those Teachings himself. The Message which now mounts to over 9000 pages isn’t anything that could have been authored by any human being. The Message encompasses just about every aspect of human life as well as the contact with the intelligent life in the universe, life in the universe, the Extraterrestrial Intervention, its activities, and goals, the Great Waves of Change that are occurring currently, etc. It is just way too vast to be labeled as nonsensical.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for your questions. I am having difficulty comprehending some of your questions but I will try to respond to them as I understood. Please let me know, if any question was misunderstood.

The word “Fundy” is a location according to the Webster’s dictionary: Bay of arms of the Atlantic, between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, Canada. If there is anything that is associated with the location, I don’t know about it. You could perhaps clarify that for me, if you wish to discuss further it.

The New Message from God does not emphasize on believing but on inner knowing. Beliefs are very fragile and can become manipulated, altered, and influenced so easily. I know this from my own experience because I was a born into a Christian family and a churchgoer for a time. I was told to believe in whatever was told to me without questioning. But I had a lot of questions about the bible, the doctrine,… In short, I couldn’t really be conditioned to believe all the contradictions I perceived. This is not to say that Christianity or any other religions are fundamentally wrong. All religions were initiated by God and the pure essence of all religions will, therefore, resonate within any intelligent being. However, religions have become tainted and corrupted over time due to the desire of those who could use them to control others or to acquire wealth, power, etc. That is why the New Message from God is so refreshing because the Message is in its purest form as it was received without anyone’s corrupting it for his/her gain. It was first spoken through the Messenger as he received it and was recorded concurrently, and then it was transcribed. Some of them can be found at www.NewMessage.org.

When people say that they believe in God, what do they really mean? They are not certain of God’s existence but they will go along with what other people tell them. So, to answer your question as to whether I see myself as a “true believer,” I don’t consider myself as a believer of this “religion.” I don’t view it as a religion, in the traditional sense, a system of belief or a set of theological ideas, or hopeful expectations. God exists; I knew this but I didn’t believe what I learned as a young churchgoer. So I understand the atheists’ point of view because, throughout human history, people have used, misused, and abused religions to generate conflicts and acquire personal gains. That engendered some people to associate God with all the corruptions and conflicts that religions seemed to have caused, so they decided that it’s better that God doesn’t exist or God doesn’t exist until there is a proof that God does exist. However, God doesn’t need any recognition or glorification from anyone and God exists whether anyone denies or not. One can only experience God through pure experiences.

I consider the New Message from God as precisely what it says, the New Message from God. I view it as Teachings that are here to educate the humanity in its need. The humanity is facing many issues: its emergence into the Greater Community of Worlds, its contact with intelligent life in the universe, the Great Waves of Change occurring in the world, etc. Yet, it is collectively ignorant about what is occurring. So God sent the New Message to alert the humanity, educate the humanity, and counsel the humanity to prepare itself for the future. The New Message from God encourages individuals to reclaim Knowledge within themselves, which will empower them. So I view myself as a student learning the New Message from God and practicing to reclaim Knowledge within myself.

I’m a bit confused by your next question: whether I dare to doubt any of the claims I made or what I learned from Marshall? Is that correct? I’m not sure if you’ve read how I’ve come to find the New Message from God in one the responses I posted in this blog. I didn’t take everything for granted from the beginning. I’ve gone through the phase of skepticism about the Message as well as the Messenger, especially initially. Even while I was studying, I had questions. I stayed with my questions and eventually answers would be revealed to me generally through experiences. The more I studied, the fewer questions I had about the Message.

Your last question was about “beings” but I didn’t quite understand. Do you mean the Angelic Presence or the extraterrestrial beings? If you mean the extraterrestrial beings, I have mentioned on many posts that there is, indeed, a mountain of data and evidence on the UFO phenomena and testimonial statements by abductees. I think you can agree that a rational discussion cannot take place if one party makes an obdurate claim without doing some research on the topic at hand.

On the other hand, if you mean by “being” the Angelic Presence (also called the Teachers of God or the Unseen Ones), then you’d have to be taken beyond the physical realm to know their existence. I would like to give you a quote from the chapter Who Are the Unseen Ones? from the book Greater Community Spirituality.

The Unseen Ones pay special attention to those who are responding. These individuals require greater care and emphasis. Those few who can advance will have a greater relationship with the Unseen Ones, whom they will rightly call Teachers. However, they will rarely experience the Teachers, and they may never know within this life who is speaking to them, helping them and guiding them.

The Angelic Presence does not need any recognition so neither you nor I need to validate their existence. However, if one is willing to advance spiritually and devote herself or himself in practicing, then s/he will experience their Presence to a much greater degree.

I hope I have answered your questions sufficiently. Thank you kindly for your continued interest.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for the list of web sites. Now I have some idea of what Heaven’s Gate is. However, I fail to see what relevance it has in our discussion. A misinterpretation by these unfortunate misguided people, which led to a mass suicide of 39 people is not an indication or proof that the UFO/ET phenomena are a hoax. Wouldn’t you agree?

There exists a plenty of data and evidence of UFO sightings and abductees’ testimonies even online. There have been millions and millions of people who have witnessed UFOs all over the world since 1947. Jimmy Carter, the former President of U.S., and his twenty or thirty some neighbors concurrently witnessed an UFO up close. The former president Ronald Reagan gave a speech alluding to extraterrestrial presence in the world, before the whole cabinet of United Nations. I myself have witnessed UFOs at least four different times and spoke with those who have witnessed UFOs. It’d be more irrational to suspect that all these witnesses are somehow delusional and UFO/alien phenomena is a figment of imagination in every single one of these millions of people than to conclude that they have actually witnessed them.

It is one thing for a person to be ignorant about certain phenomena because s/he didn’t know about them. However, it is completely another thing to deny other people’s experiences out of absurd fear that her/his stance has been wrong. In the former case, the person can be educated about them before coming to an erroneous conclusion. In the latter case, no amount of evidence or education can permeate her/his obduracy. That would be an evidence of closed-mindedness.

So are you open-minded enough to go beyond your beliefs and fear to explore the reality that the humanity is facing and squarely face the reality as is?

To the lovely Student of Knowledge - 

I was really worried there for a bit - then I read that - 

The visitors will utilize the fundamental idea of allegiance to a single leader in order to generate allegiance to their cause. Within the context of this religion, the identification with Jesus the Christ will be greatly utilized. 

Whew - I don't believe in God,  no single leader with us, so I'm safe from these aliens - and by the by - there is already a Jesus in Queensland, Australia, and he is complete with the lovely Mary Magdalene, and is being given loads of land from his believers. In this case, Jesus and Mary are bonking even, wonder how the first Mary feels about this. She is still around, and I would say, pretty cheesed off over being turfed for the next in line.

So, with Atheists, nothing to worry about, the aliens can't get us. So, how are you going to cope - you really should give some thought to opening your mind, and becoming an Atheist - then the aliens won't be able to get you either.

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for sharing your perspective with me. I’m pleased that you have read the book Allies of Humanity. Being worried or concerned about a real issue can be beneficial if you take some actions to resolve it. You took the first step and read the book, so you’re taking the right course of action.

If you read further down in that page where you extracted the quote, you’ll find the following:

It is our understanding that the true Jesus will not return to the world, for he is working in concert with the Unseen Ones [Angelic Presence] and serves humanity and other races as well. The one who will come claiming his name will come from the Greater Community. He will be one who is born and bred for this purpose by the collectives that are in the world today. He will appear human and will have significant abilities compared to what you can accomplish at this moment. He will seem completely altruistic. He will be able to perform acts that will engender either fear or great reverence. He will be able to project images of angels, demons or whatever his superiors wish to expose you to. He will seem to have spiritual powers. Yet he will come from the Greater Community, and he will be part of the collective. And he will engender allegiance to follow him. Eventually, for those who cannot follow him, he will encourage their alienation or their destruction.

There may be some terminology that you might not be familiar with. You can find their definitions in the back of the book or I could clarify them for you, if you’d let me know. So the Allies of Humanity tells us that true Jesus will not be returning but the Jesus that will come will be one that was bred by the Extraterrestrial Intervention for the purpose of engendering humanity’s allegiance to follow him. Some extremists may follow him and when the Jesus encourages the believers to destroy or alienate non-believers (not excluding atheists) of the Jesus, these extremists will follow his order. True Christians may view him as a demon or Satan, for his “teaching” will not resonate within them. Yet, the man that will present himself as Jesus will have nothing to do with Christianity but rather with the ET Intervention that will use him to eliminate those whom the ETs deem useless to them. It is very disturbing to learn of this. Yet, the message from the Allies of Humanity is not meant to arouse fear but to alert the humanity and to incite wisdom in us to prepare for the future. For without the warning, how can we know what the ET Intervention is scheming?

I don’t know about this Jesus and Mary in Queensland, Australia. I do know that, currently, there exist people who claim to be Jesus or avatars, etc. However, you’ve probably heard some stories about Jesus in the bible. He was a very humble man born into a humble family and lived a humble life. If you compare the humble life true Jesus had and the essence of his Teachings that resonated within many people for millenniums, with the life these people claiming to be Jesus and their “teachings,” then you will have some idea of what or who these people are.

There is a Teaching in the New Message form God, which would help you discern a true Messenger from a false messenger. Here is a link if you are interested:

http://newmessage.org/ee/index.php/special-teachings/discerning-fal...

As long as they're nonviolent and tolerant, I am fine with them. If they turn into Westboro we're going to have a problem.

They always start out this way and usually it ends up with murder, either they kill or get killed or kill themselves. But however it ends, it never ends well.

Hi Logan,

Thank you for your rational remark in this forum.

Deception seeking the fertile growing ground of atheism to plant the seed of false religion.

What prevails in the human experience is false Christs, false doctrines and false teachers as prophesied. This shall prevail till the close of the age of the ungodly.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 0 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service