Website

Marshall Vian Summers claims to be receiving a new message from God. Over the past thirty years, Summers has recorded more than 800 spoken revelations while living in seclusion in the foothills of the Colorado Rockies. He claims these revelations come from God and are being given to him by angelic emissaries.

When asked about his "New Message," Summers said, "It was revealed to me by an Angel of God, a powerful, mysterious presence that filled my mind and the surrounding environment with grace."

In the beginning, Summers found believers in his wife, his son and a small group of committed students. Yet now, a growing number of people are staking their faith in Summers' claims, and most live far from Colorado.

From South Korea to Uganda to Saudi Arabia, people are congregating virtually on Summers' website, and his organization regularly releases translations in seven languages.

With followers worldwide, Summers' organization has turned to live internet broadcasting to preach the word. One Sunday a month, Summers presents via webcast an "original revelation of the New Message from God" to his viewers.

And on February 6th, Summers will descend Moses-like from his proverbial mountain in the Rockies to offer his newest digital stone tablets from God. This month's release: a 47-minute revelation entitled "Deeper Recognition in Relationships."

Thoughts?  Besides "He is full of crap."

Views: 3740

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the cult of personality he's gathered around himself won't survive his death within the next thirty years or so.

Also, just from scanning his wikipedia page, he seems like he's made a business out of his spiritual message. He's written ten books that sell all over the world. I wonder where the proceeds go?

Hi Keith,

The Messenger has a group of devoted students called the Society, who work towards disseminating the New Message from God.  The Society is a non-profit organization and they do not make any money out of it.  The sanctuary is a very small and humble place located in a very humble part of the town and there is a little office next to it.  I think you have some idea of how expensive it is to publish books. 

Yet, there are two books that are completely free to download online in entirety.  One is Steps to Knowledge which is the book a student of Knowledge would use in taking the journey to reclaim Knowledge.  The other one is Allies of Humanity - Book I  which is an urgent message the Messenger received not from Angelic Presence but from  benevolent extraterrestrial beings who came at the risk of  their life to  alert the humanity about the extraterrestrial intervention that has been going on for decades with the intention of conquering the world covertly.  In this book, they also educate the humanity about life in the universe and counsel the humanity to prepare for emergence into the Greater Community in which this world is located. 

If you knew how humble the Messenger and the Society members are, you couldn't possibly speak of his making business out of his spiritual message.

Hi Fred, 

Thank you for sharing your perspective with me. There are a few things I didn’t quite follow in your post but I will try to answer your questions in the way I understood.

I am not sure what you mean by sitting in the office and take turns to answer. There is a monthly broadcast during which local students gather in the sanctuary and students of Knowledge scattered all over the world get together via the internet to listen to the recording of one of the Teachings which have been transmitted to the Messenger through the Angelic Presence watching over the development of humanity. During the broadcast, the Messenger sometimes speaks to the students of Knowledge in his own voice rather than his Voice in a state of revelation (you can hear this Voice on recordings on the www.NewMessage.org web site).

Also, some students gather somewhere to study the New Message from God together (sort of like a bible study, you might say). I’m not quite sure what you mean by “outward presenter of Knowledge.” If you could clarify what you mean, I could probably answer better.

Most of the New Message from God was received by the Messenger in a state of revelation. The New Message from God is vast totaling over 9000 pages received by the Messenger on more than 800 encounters with the Angelic Presence for over 25 years. There are only two books, as far as I know (there are many Teachings that are waiting to be published due to lack of funding), that have been transmitted to the Messenger by the interstellar beings that call themselves allies of humanity. They are 3-dimensional beings and they are not Angelic Presence that exists beyond the physical reality. The allies of humanity did not visit him in person but rather sent their messages via spiritual channel that could not be detected or interfered by the Extraterrestrial Intervention. The Messenger described his experience as tiny voice speaking to him from a distance requesting to receive them.

I am not familiar with “Fundies” so I couldn’t answer to that question. I can understand your skepticism, for I, too, was skeptical about the New Message from God. I thought it might be some sort of cult. People are often arrogant and ignorant as to think God was done talking and there was no need for God to speak again. God doesn’t have voice but God has been sending Messages to a Messenger through the Angelic Presence throughout the universe. The Angelic Presence that watches over this planet and speaks to Marshall is the same Presence that spoke to Moses, Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad.

There is New Message from God in the world because the humanity is at the brink of emerging into the Greater Community of Worlds, there are extraterrestrial beings that are here to conquer the world covertly, and the humanity is facing the Great Waves of Change. The humanity is mostly unaware of these events or unconcerned about them. Yet, the events have been and will continue to occur whether the humanity is prepared or not. The New Message from God is here to prepare the humanity for all these events which will determine whether it can emerge into the Greater Community as a strong, united, free, self-sufficient race or not. These events are great enough to undermine the human civilization and take human freedom away. However, they can also provide the opportunity that the humanity can cooperate and unite to become a strong, united race. To warn and to prepare the humanity, God has sent the New Message to the Messenger through the Angelic Presence.

Thats usually what these nutters seem to do....collect money from their scamming garbage.  I was listening to a show a while back, one of the callers stated that they called up the Camping group (the nutters wating for rapture) and offered to donate $10,000, on one condition...if the rapture doesn't happen then he is paid his $10,000 back with 25% interest.  The Harold Camping group of course refused this offer.  They don't even believe their own BS.

Hi John,

It’s interesting that you mention rapture. The second coming of Jesus and rapture are, indeed, being prepared by the Extraterrestrial Intervention. The ETs will use them for their benefit, of course. The Allies of Humanity warns the humanity regarding the Jesus that will be bred and sent by the ET Intervention.

i think the cold and high altitude got to him.
This guy is apparently successful at convincing (enough) others.  What makes him so special out of all the other people claiming to have spoken with a god?

Hi Isaac,

Do you mean people such as Moses, Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad?

Those are the very people who have received the Message from the same Angelic Presence that has been watching over the well-being and development of the humanity, and from whom Marshall has been receiving the Message for nearly three decades. 

You are not obligated to believe any of them.  Perhaps you're not ready to have any relationship with God. 

You mean to say that the same source is giving all those different people conflicting information.... I call bullshit.

Hi Abraham,

The same Angelic Presence provided the humanity the Message that was necessary and appropriate at critical junctures of human history.  Thus, while each Message from God would be tailored for the era, certain profound values such as devotion, forgiveness, love, compassion, etc. had been reemphasized in every Message.

The New Message from God isn’t here to replace other religions or compete with other religions, but rather, it has been transmitted to expand the perspective of the humanity, which must now include the reality of the Extraterrestrial Intervention in this world, the emergence of the humanity into the Greater Community of Worlds, and the Great Waves of Change.  It is here to warn the humanity against the extraterrestrial beings present in this world, educate the humanity about the reality of life in the universe, and to prepare the humanity for the future that will be unlike the past.  For the first time, the Message from God is recorded in its entirety as it was received by the Messenger and then it was transcribed in its purity without alteration.   

It must also be noted that Messages from God have been altered by individuals for various reasons over the years in the past.  So it is not surprising that there seems to be conflicting information among different religions and even different denominations of a same religion.         

Now a question remains.

It is an illusion or a delusion? He knows he is lying or he just thinks he is right?

In order to be convincing, I think he either has to be an amazing actor or believe it.  Reading it sounds rather planned out and hypnotic to me.  Perhaps he is deluding himself in thinking its the truth, but knows deeper down its a crock?

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 6 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service