Website

Marshall Vian Summers claims to be receiving a new message from God. Over the past thirty years, Summers has recorded more than 800 spoken revelations while living in seclusion in the foothills of the Colorado Rockies. He claims these revelations come from God and are being given to him by angelic emissaries.

When asked about his "New Message," Summers said, "It was revealed to me by an Angel of God, a powerful, mysterious presence that filled my mind and the surrounding environment with grace."

In the beginning, Summers found believers in his wife, his son and a small group of committed students. Yet now, a growing number of people are staking their faith in Summers' claims, and most live far from Colorado.

From South Korea to Uganda to Saudi Arabia, people are congregating virtually on Summers' website, and his organization regularly releases translations in seven languages.

With followers worldwide, Summers' organization has turned to live internet broadcasting to preach the word. One Sunday a month, Summers presents via webcast an "original revelation of the New Message from God" to his viewers.

And on February 6th, Summers will descend Moses-like from his proverbial mountain in the Rockies to offer his newest digital stone tablets from God. This month's release: a 47-minute revelation entitled "Deeper Recognition in Relationships."

Thoughts?  Besides "He is full of crap."

Views: 3604

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Deception seeking the fertile growing ground of atheism to plant the seed of false religion.

What prevails in the human experience is false Christs, false doctrines and false teachers as prophesied. This shall prevail till the close of the age of the ungodly.

All religions are false and this one is too. I don't see anyone falling for this kind of crap, it would be extremely sad. But it could be. Atheism as it is demonstrated on this site with depressing regularity doesn't protect you from irrational thinking.

Hi Albert,

Why do you need to be protected from “irrational thinking?” One feels the need for protection when s/he is in danger. What danger are you facing here?

One needs to protect oneself from irrational thinking, by learning to apply critical thinking, which is not something humans are naturally endowed with. Irrational thinking, which can be coming to conclusions based on inadequate reasoning, jumping to conclusions because they suit your preconceived notions, or simply because they make you feel good or as the consequence of a cognitive deficiency as I suspect underlies the phenomena of the subject of this thread leads to irrational behavior which as we sadly are able to witness in our daily lives often brings about misery and can cost lives.

http://whatstheharm.net/

Any time I come across discussions like this, my mind screams, "By giving crackpots like Marshall and his 'students' attention, we are just lending credence to their 'teachings'!  Why do we even bother?" It all brings to mind cult leaders David Koresh and Jim Jones: charismatic, narcissistic personalities with a distorted view of their own importance.

Student of Knowledge stated that he took a "leap of faith" to study the "Steps to Knowledge". A "leap of faith' inherently implies that he was already looking for something to validate his existence.

A couple decades ago, I found myself in a similar state of vulnerability.  A co-worker/friend was very persuasive in his passion for his beliefs; so much so that he basically recruited me and 2 other friends into the "christian" church he attended. I never got to the point that I was immersed in their beliefs, but I did attend a few services and even wrote a couple "inspirational" songs (long-"misplaced"). At some point during a particular service, I was looking around the room and noticed how 'perfect" all the people there looked and realized how materialistic everyone there actually was. Now I'm not saying that one of those aspects has anything to do with the other: Both concepts just struck me kind of simultaneously. The message that the pastor was trying to communicate had already been long lost on me. I had already decided that there was nothing in it for me. I was just searching for something to believe and to keep a common thread going with my friends. I was trying really hard to "believe"; forcing myself to assimilate their dogma into my beliefs.

Sorry, I was heading into a rant and digression from the topic at hand. I'll save that for my own discussion/profile rant.

My point is that we all have those moments of vulnerability where we just to have to justify our existence, and those are the moments when we are susceptible to the suggestions of charismatic personalities like Mr. Summers and his ilk. Student of Knowledge's presence on an Atheist site, to me, smacks of doubt in what he's 'learned" and  a need to further validate his "studies" by possibly bringing an "unbeliever" around to his way of thinking. 

Sorry, I just don't buy that the "messenger", like all the other "faithful", cannot produce tangible evidence of the existence of "The Allies Of Humanity" -- or any other supernatural, extraterrestrial, omnipresent or omnipotent deity or benevolent, malicious, or otherwise "presence". Give it a break.

Ralph, lay down your fears to rest.

I’m not here to recruit you. I began posting a few responses here because people seem to fume over Marshall without even knowing anything about him personally or otherwise. I happened to come across the forum and thought I should clarify the bloggers’ misunderstanding that stemmed from incomplete or erroneous information they have on him. But then people started asking me questions and I tried to accommodate them by answering them. That is all. What I do think everyone should be aware of is the extraterrestrial beings that are “visiting” this solar system, carrying out some sinister activities to achieve a goal that will obliterate human freedom and self-determination. This, you must be aware of, regardless of your stance on deity and religions.

I don't fear anything you could possibly bring to the table. I just think you're more than a little far gone. 

Hi Ralph,

Someday you'll experience God.

Sounds like Marshall is crazier than a sh*thouse fly! Hey Joseph, show me the golden plates, oh sorry, wrong prophet (profit). ;-)

Hi Larry,

He’s the Messenger of this time as were Moses, Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad of their times. In fact, the same Angelic Presence who spoke through the latter four speaks through Marshall when he is in a state of revelation. He’s not a prophet and doesn’t make any profit out of his Teachings. It is unfortunate that there have been many false prophets who attempted to make profits. However, it is understandable where you come from and why you make all these generalizations.

If you would like to find about finding out how to discern false messengers from the true Messenger,  

here is a link you might try:

http://newmessage.org/ee/index.php/special-teachings/discerning-fal...

Hmmm, I wonder if Leonard Golightly Marshall, whom claims to be Yahweh reborn, is friends with this guy and is calling him. lol  Someone should get all these Jesus's and gods together at a party and not tell them you are inviting the others.  That would be so funny! 

Hi Tina,

Marshall does not claim to be a Jesus or a god. He is the Messenger, the conduit through which Angelic Presence has been transmitting the New Message from God.

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service