Hi Everyone,

I am a new member and just wanted to say hello!  I received the intro email and noticed in the signature that our site is dedicated, in part, to: "...breaking the misconceptions about atheism."  I was just curious as to what these misconceptions may be?  

Looking forward to talking with you all :)

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think one of the biggest misconceptions is that people "without god" have no sense of right or wrong and are anarchists as well. 

I think one of the biggest misconceptions about Atheism is the idea that we are all highly susceptible to trolling in internet forums.  Oh sure, there are some people who fly off the hand when trolled, but they are a very small minority and not representative at all of Atheists as a group.

Trolling is a form of humor, and Atheists are more humerous than believers. Perhaps we are less the trolled and more the trolls? :)

(If you don't believe my assumption, search for 'atheism intelligence' and 'intelligence humor' in Google scholar.)

Have you read the OP's profile?
Ouch, guess I got got. :)
There goes the misconception that Atheists are dogmatic in their beliefs.

Yes and I have seen the atheist are not patriotic.

That we eat babies.
Burrrrrp.....no we don't ;(
Another one is that any former Christian who is now an atheist was never a "True Christian."  (Or Muslim, Jew, etc)

Almost forgot my manners...

Welcome to TA Chris :)

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service