Howdy folks just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Eric I'm from north New Jersey (the better part of Jersey).  I was raised and baptized in the Mormon Church and left at the age of 14.  I categorized myself as an Atheist for quite sometime.  Then in and around 2008 I started to try to find meaning in it all again and started reading the bible and started to consider myself a christian.  Just recently (about 6 months ago) I began to really question the faith and its values.

As of right now I consider myself to be agnostic.  Realizing that all the faith based morals that come out of religion could be found not by fear and coercion rather in self restraint, respect for others, and the love for our species. A real "free will".

Now that, that part is out of the way...I LOVE music.  I try to see as much musical as possible in my minuscule budget.  I enjoy playing guitar, beating on a djembe, and playing around the MC-505, Mini-chaos pad, Kaosilator, and the Korg electribe.  I enjoy reading, although I should be reading more, about politics, history, and the occasional Sy-Fi.  Currently I'm reading A People History to the United States.  I was reading Life, Inc. but I've misplaced it somewhere and I can't seem to find it...:/

I enjoy gardening and lawn work in general.  Damn bunny ate 4 of my Romain lettuces the other day. *Shaking fist*

Uuummmm, well, that's all I can really think of at the moment.  Nice to meet you all!

-Eric

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mormons are a silly bunch aren't they?
Hi, Eric,
It is nice to meet you. I'm also new to the site. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone. I am a native Southerner, born and raised in N. Georgia. I was a questioner/doubter since childhood but have been an "out" atheist for about ten years now. I'm now age 46.

I also love gardening! In fact, just came inside from it for a break and a sandwich. Mentor is correct, it is a wonderful substitute for religion. It's not work for me at all - it's therapy. I'm also an animal lover: 3 cats, 1 dog. I also love reading (mostly mysteries and epic fantasy like Tolkien's LOTR - I was a Tolkien fan before it was cool) and music (anything but country - I do like older country but not a fan of new.)

Enjoy your day, everyone.
Oof 3 cats and 1 dog...Sounds like a handful. I would love to get a dog, but to be fair to the dog, I don't think I would have enough time to give it the attention that it deserves. Yea, I'm really digging it, no pun intended.
A People's History is a great book. Welcome to TA!
Welcome! I wish I had a green thumb and that I could play the guitar... I enjoy the fruits of others' labor instead! :o)
Welcome, Eric!

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Science Isn't About Truth

Started by Ari E. S. in Philosophy. Last reply by Unseen 1 hour ago. 6 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com