My Motives for Joining Think Atheist (Or, why I don't know if I'm a bad person or not)

Hi everyone! I, like some others I'm sure, stumbled across Think Atheist while bored one night in my apartment when I should have been sleeping. The article I ended up stumbling was one written by an abortion doctor, giving what I considered a rare insider's view of what the other side of that argument must be like. I then proceeded to read the comments and discussions within for the next two hours, constantly finding something in one post by one person, and then another, and then yet again another... This over and over for the better part of the time I'd spent surfing. There was not a single page that I didn't manage to find someone verbalizing something I felt better than I could ever hope to. A few days thought, and here I am, uploading my strange collection of music and being overly verbose about my small life. If any of you take the chance to read my profile and say hello, I welcome it. I welcome any questions, provided they aren't about my whereabouts and won't be used to rape/stalk/murder me. If that is your intention, please let me know beforehand, won't you?

Really, much of my motivation is stemming from the fact that I'm furious. I've always been a passionate person, and while it means little to some, I'm in fact a proud Leo, and while I do not think that my birthday is dictated by the stars, I have found that very few people that I've met live up to their sign like I do. So I'm well aware that I have my roaring fits and my kitten moments... But those come and go. What I feel recently, in the last six months is nothing like the lion I've always been. Instead, I feel this sick smoldering rage. Some days I wake up with it, other nights I lay awake with it. It's like a hot coal, that sometimes cools and seems to die, but there are certain things now that bring it back more powerfully than it ever was. I once would have considered myself a political person, in the way that I have beliefs about our government that I support strongly. I see the things that the other side of my debates do, and I suddenly can't breathe. I want to hurt them. I see those who cannot have civilized conversation, and inside my mind rages for hours. How stupid can some people be? How utterly foolish?

I've never been one to consider myself above those around me. After all, I'm about as simple a person as there can be. But there are other times where I drive to work, and I see the cars with Bush bumper stickers and fundie christian slogans, and I toy with the idea of running them off the road. Never too seriously mind you, but in a way, I've worked myself into quite the state of stress over it all.

Has anyone here dealt with these issues? Confronted them? Please, tell me what your take on the situation is.

Oh, and on a side note, wonderful to be here!

~Heather

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Something about bashing in the head of these things that 'look' like humans but are really mindless, consuming pieces of meat

Are you still talking about zombies at this point?
Misty, you've just given me an idea for a zombie movie/book.
Just remember; there is no problem so intractable that it is not amenable to the judicious application of high explosives.
I like the way you think even if it does frighten me a little.
i definitely feel the same way at times. i don't think we're bad people - particularly because of your concern about you being a bad person because of it. and also because you control yourself and don't actually hurt anyone because of these feelings.
i recently joined this site so i can hopefully find a place to vent about how i feel - so welcome and i hope you can do the same thing here!

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by _Robert_ 4 minutes ago. 82 Replies

Mass extinction and loss of biodiversity.

Started by Ed in Society. Last reply by _Robert_ 15 minutes ago. 4 Replies

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Richard Raab 19 minutes ago. 51 Replies

"Probably won't report".....

Started by Belle Rose in Society. Last reply by Noel 6 hours ago. 17 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service