Three years ago I was really religious and never thought that would change. I had decided that I would get a large cross tattoo to always remind me that my faith was important and that I should never forget about the importance of my faith. If I had only known then where I would be today, then I might have gotten it upside down... ha ha.

Seriously though, I was staring in the mirror today and realized how hypocritical it is to have this symbol forever etched onto my body when I now know I could never go back to believe such crazy things. I began to wonder if I should get it covered up as something else, have it altered in some way, or leave it as it is to remind me of who I once was and the crazy journey I have been on.

If I covered it up, I would want to cover it with something to show I am no longer a christian, but a man of logic and reason. I would want to show others I am an atheist, a sceptic, and a person who believes science is the best way to understand things.

If I altered it, I would either change the trinity symbol found in the center of the cross to an atheist symbol of some kind, or I would add something else to it.

Or should I just leave it as it is?

I am open to any good advice that anyone would be willing to provide. What advice would you give me and why? Thanks everyone.

Tags: Atheist, Christian, Cross, Ex, Tattoo

Views: 1966

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm months too late probably and I haven't looked through the entire thread, but I think you should leave it and put an equally large atheist tattoo of some kind on your other shoulder.

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
-Walt Whitman

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 5 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 14 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service