“And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, ‘Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.’ And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them. And he went from thence to Mount Carmel, and from thence he returned to Samaria” (2 Kings 2: 23-25, KJV).

Tags: Bible, Verses

Views: 816

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I laughed so hard the first time I heard about this one.

Ezekiel 23: 19-20. "Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Brown chicken brown cow!

Note the anonymity and dominance of indefinite articles. Who are we talking about? It doesn't matter. This is commentary on human nature.

Good subject - repurposing doctrine. I'll have something soon, promise.

Here's a great vid of God telling Abraham to kill his son: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuMfEAp31HE

hahaha yes Hoke! Mitchell & Webb are freaking great. 

another great channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6DnujiVCwo 

Yes I've seen many of the DarkMatter2525 stuff.

Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless

Ecclesiastes 1:2

Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless

Student: But Teacher, what do you mean?

That all is a chasing after the wind. All labour is in vain for from dust you come and dust you shall return but the earth stays forever[?]

That all is a chasing after the wind. All labour is in vain for from dust you come and dust you shall return but the earth stays forever[?]

Hm, I think Kansas lifted a few verses from that.

Ah, Noel (Mak), it's good to see you here, it's me, Charity. How are you, my friend?!

My husband has a theory about King Solomon. He believes that he wrote Proverbs first while he was a God seeker. Then he got caught up with hundreds of women and wrote Song of Songs. More than likely, he was already into Egyptian mythology at the time. Then Solomon finally writes Ecclesiastes because he is worn out, confused and doesn't know what the hell is up with God. My husband believes that he may have even turned into an agnostic or atheist by the time he wrote his third book in the Bible.

Grant it, I know we question who actually wrote what in the Bible, I just really appreciated my husband's analogy.

It was good to see you here.

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service