I read posts here that call different things, "harmful to humanity."  Others call something, "good" or "bad" or "evil."

A very simple question, who gets to decide the definition of  "harmful to humanity" and what is there critieria? The same for "good," "bad," and "evil?" These are not material terms. If everything is material isn't there just "is" and not these moral declarations if one is being thoroughly atheist?

Help me understand your position so I am fair and honest about the views. Thanks.

Views: 7393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

understand comma, dissent one period,  Shabaka, I think you can write, but don't give enough of a damn about us, so you don't bother to check your posts.  

Why can't we all just get along?

Because Shabaka is a manipulating bigot who feels the need to instigate arguments and refuses to ever admit anything inerrant about his biased judgments.  The only way to "get along" is to disengage with such moronic (lack of) thinking.

Shabaka and I have had our differences too, but we resolved them privately, off the board.

i wasn't kidding when I said I have R/A in the wrist and shoulders, bending over the key board hurts..so i try to finish fast..

i'd like to continue but don't have the challenge, just the criticism.

sorta tight in certain places huh Stevie..

Well said Keith!

Enough!!!

Honestly, you have no sense of history if you can't see how it's been harmful.  Even one war arguing over who's god has the biggest penis would be too many, and there have been hundreds or even thousands.

Wretched Saint, we have repeatedly told you that there is NO, " atheist philosophical consistency", as you call it.  We agree on only one thing.  I told you to go read up on "Humanism", because it is a moral philosophy.  You chose to continue sampling the diverse constellation of ideas here.  What always galls me about these silly, "gotcha" arguments with christians is that they are so insincere.  

StevenCO and Shabaka, if I am correct this thread is NOT about religious issues, but about ethics/morality.  If Shabaka's topics -  racism and imperialism - are not  ethical issues, what are?

Those who can decide get to decide. All others don't get to. They use whatever criteria they want to use. All other criteria is excluded.  This is just like for theist, or for anyone else.

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 1 Comment

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 5 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service