I read posts here that call different things, "harmful to humanity."  Others call something, "good" or "bad" or "evil."

A very simple question, who gets to decide the definition of  "harmful to humanity" and what is there critieria? The same for "good," "bad," and "evil?" These are not material terms. If everything is material isn't there just "is" and not these moral declarations if one is being thoroughly atheist?

Help me understand your position so I am fair and honest about the views. Thanks.

Views: 7432

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Paul I think you have more sense than most..you are right but white cultural supremacy is systematic, it's no joke or no loose rag tag organization.  It runs from Obama down to Bubba and very few step out of line..Look at the reception and rationale I get from the best and brightest..

Arcus...can u read?  I said he shouldn't feel guilty regarding his ancestors barbaric behavior towards Blacks, First Peoples, and Chinese.  However I also said I THINK, (this is not a prerequiste for cold hearted whites in their ancestors image) that he shouldn't adhere to the remnants of white supremacy, which made white culture supreme having the key component the ability to kill more people. Has nothing to do about feeling guilty about it if it ain't in ya. You know that.

Blaine what does POE stand for?

"I said he shouldn't feel guilty regarding his ancestors barbaric behavior towards Blacks, First Peoples, and Chinese."

Yeah, you aren't loading your statements at all...

"However I also said [..] that he shouldn't adhere to the remnants of white supremacy.  Has nothing to do about feeling guilty about it if it ain't in ya.

So we don't have to feel guilty, unless we adhere to the values? If we are sufficiently ashamed and reject our cultural heritage, there's nothing to feel guilty about? It's not like you double-communicate or anything..

/irony off

White people (can we say the western world instead?) have nothing more, nor anything less, to be ashamed of than any other people, thus nothing to feel guilty about to start with.

i asked what do POE mean...Power of the Internet?  It does have power, but no for me..

Poe's Law:

"Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing."

It also has a useful corollary that states "It is impossible for an act of fundamentalism to be made that someone won't mistake for a parody".

"Decades" John? Try centuries --

Oops sorry for being vague.  I was just referring to when we really started to care more post-civil rights movement.

Wow - I think Megachurch, in this case, may just be an understatement! I have to say, they have some impressive graphics!

Regardless of what color anyone might choose to believe little 14-year ol Mary was, she'd never have had blond, Scandanavian hair.

You know, the Stockholme Syndrome also applies to children in a familial relationship, but never lasting 400 years and passed from generation to generation.

Arch this was a planned enterprise that encompassed religion, academia, politics, law, economics, all systems within this culture/society to do two things, give white skinned people special privilege and subject the darker people so the two will never get together. Why? Blacks innate sense of inferiority and whites unwillingness to subvert their privilege. It did a tremendous job on whites and blacks...so much so it allows 130 years after enslavment formally ended that we still have white overseers in the church and in the prison plantations. And we still have Blacks who support this the system of white supremacy either consciously or unconsciously...

Look at this site for example...Here are the best, brightest, and most enlightened of white people in the country and they have me shaking my head at times with some of the stuff they conjure up...

I agree with you in everything except the "planned" part - a., I can't imagine anyone bright enough to plan something like that and entertaining ANY sort of hope in its success, and b.. having the kind of organizational skills required to pull it off.

Sometimes for no logical reason, conditions just fall into place for bad things to happen - the Jewish Holocaust, while certainly not the same, is at least an example - of which evil people take advantage..

Aren't all 1st century Jews peroxide blondes?

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

Why do we want to show people they are wrong?

Started by Haugurma in Small Talk. Last reply by CAPTAIN OBVIOUS 11 minutes ago. 49 Replies

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Belle Rose 23 minutes ago. 23 Replies

Criticize the ideology, not the person?

Started by Erock68la in Small Talk. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 4 hours ago. 31 Replies

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Unseen 4 hours ago. 64 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service