Many of us are familiar with the struggle that so many lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender teens face. Anti-LGBT bullying in schools is out of control and has led to a number of recent teen suicides.

Yet a top Mormon Church apostle has chosen this precise moment to broadcast a message of intolerance to millions.

Boyd K. Packer, the second-highest Mormon leader, said same-sex attraction is "impure and unnatural" and can be overcome, and that same-sex unions are morally wrong and "against God's law and nature."

Please add your name to our open letter showing the Mormon Church hierarchy that it has risked further alienating vulnerable LGBT youth with potentially devastating consequences – and after you sign the letter, please post it on Facebook and share it with your friends so people everywhere know that these views are scientifically wrong and misguided.

https://secure3.convio.net/hrc/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=U...

Tags: Gay, Homosexual, Mormon, Rights, Suicide

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GIVE US THE FULL STORY BRA. NO BIAS SIDE.
this site is making me think twice
how can you have a good discussion
with dumb blogs..
if you REALLY want us pumped, give
us a good reason..youre givin
us nothing only half the story, i bet the morman
guy didnt even say anything that bad.
youre just freaken out over nothing.
WAKE UP. billions of people claim suicide
on a regular bases..
AMERICAS JUST FIGURING OUT THAT PEOPLE NEED HELP
and guess what Once WE Go OHHHH theres people
hurting out there!
We CONCENTRATE ON THE GAY ONES??
gay bullying will never stop lets get that through our heads.
its the same as trying to make a gay person straight.
it just DOESNT work for eveyone.
Are you a troll, or just appallingly lazy? You don't have to 'bet' on what 'the morman guy [sic]' said; it's in the video in the link. RTFA! Honestly, in the face of human suffering, you can't even go so far as to click a link?
Gay bullying will never stop? If you believe this you may also like "Black Lynching Will Never Stop." Look for it today on Amazon!
I was out on the lake in my canoe the other day when I hear loud splashing noises about eight feet away from me. It turns out some poor guy was drowning. At first I was going to help him out, but then I thought, "Drownings will never stop -- they will be going on in the world for as long as I live and even longer thereafter --, so why bother?" Once I got that through my head, it ended up being quite a lovely day!
Good analogy.
I was out on the lake in my canoe the other day when I hear loud splashing noises about eight feet away from me. It turns out some poor guy was drowning. At first I was going to help him out, but then I thought, "Drownings will never stop -- they will be going on in the world for as long as I live and even longer thereafter --, so why bother?" Once I got that through my head, it ended up being quite a lovely day!

I love you.
Anytime I see "wake up" typed in all caps, my eyes glaze over.
eh, its the thought that counts I guess.
signed.

I think signing an open letter to abolish religion would be more helpful.
I'm sure that would be taken even less seriously. in fact, *looks both ways* it's a conspiracy man! they are out to get us! lol

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service