This is awful, just awful.  U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) was shot.  According to the Tucson Sun she was shot in the head.  Here is coverage from HuffPo  and MSNBC:

This makes me sick to my stomach.

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

More guns = more dead

Or better yet , let's just start banning the act of giving birth.  

More births = More deaths

Obviously I have strong feelings about this subject that perhaps clouds my judgement from time to time, I'll be the first to admit that.

Perhaps I should leave this to Cecilia, who is more eloquent than me, and i'll agree with her that, while people may have their fantasies about fighting off hardened criminals, the average person could inadvertently add to the carnage of a violent scenario with a gun.

Wanted to reply to your earlier post about seeing a person with a concealed gun in public at the store, but couldn't.

That's exactly what I mean.  I never said make guns illegal... but really?  People should be allowed to carry around hidden weapons at public places like the zoo?  To a bar, where people get drunk?  Really, AZ?

Right so they are creating a society where people feel they aren't safe it they don't have a gun because every one else has a gun and who knows so maybe I really need to get a more $$$$ into the pockets of the gun industry....very great marketing scheme....

I remember driving down to Charlottesville, VA to pick up my son at school, driving down Rte. 29 and passing Clarks Guns after Obama was elected..their sign said "Obama Gun Sale"...they were exploiting people's fears that Obama was gonna take away there guns....wonder how much $$$ they made off of that?? 

Uhhhh ... no background checks or safety classes?  Bad idea.  

I just sort of figured out you live in Arizona?  What sort of crime rates do you have over there?  

I still believe the more people that are assumed to be carrying concealed weapons will be a strong deterrent in criminally violent acts.  

Unfortunately, I face the same sick scene in Virginia...okay, maybe not as bad as AZ...

Sir, I did not know if you knew this or not, but people can have parties and get drunk in the privacy of their own homes as well.  

Many disputes and domestic disturbances cause bad things to happen.  Does that mean we should ban guns from private homes?  

As for the zoo, I'm sure there is a greater chance of falling in the lions den and getting mauled than being shot and killed by someone who is there to check out some animals.  

Note that the state of AZ benefited from a considerable sum of money raised from the cost of getting a permit... a sum of money that is now missing from the budget and, ironically enough, if most Arizonans decide not to get a permit (and consequently not take gun instruction classes), then many firearms instructors may go out of business.

Seems like a double-whammy to me:  More people with firearms in public who don't know how to use them and less opportunity to actually learn how to use them.

I completely agree with you on this point.  

If you are going to own a gun you should be required to take a few classes and get a background check.  I don't advocate just anyone carrying around a concealed firearm.  

Thank you sir.  I am, after all, a perpetual noob.

make playing the accordion illegal and only criminals will play the accordion...make the 3 point shot illegal and only criminals will try to take it...make decaf coffeee illegal and only criminals will drink it....make listening to Justin Bieber illegal and only criminals will listen to Justin Bieber....make wearing flannel pajamas illegal and only criminals will wear flannel pajamas....

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service