Modern Classics: What looks as cool today as it did when it was first designed 50+ years ago

I'll start: the Fender Stratocaster

Tags: classics

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cars, particularly the huge American cars... cool in a way that modern cars aren't even trying to match.

Muscle cars, went hard in straight lines and took a while to stop but what a rush.

SuperBees, Chargers, 442, the 60s brought a lot of muscle.

The Fender Jazz Bass

The Arco Lamp

The Panton Chair

The Vespa

Michael Jackson's nose.

this one ?

hahaha j/k

Rickenbacker Guitars as will as Gibsons

Errr Fedoras?

The thing about Strats vs Gibsons (and I play both) is that Strats were designed in the 1950's and look modern even today. Gibsons are classics, too, but there's nothing modernistic about them. To me, Rickenbackers have never looked cool, but that's just my attitude.

- The Concord
- Tesla coils

Me! Lol.

Chairs by both Le Corbusier and Charlotte Perriand have both stood the test of time excellently in my opinion. Incredible when you think that Corbusier's most famous chair was designed back in the 1920's.

My wife, Susan. Although I confess I am only familiar with the final product, and have little knowledge of the developmental iterations.

Chuck Taylor All-Stars

They are forever cool

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

conspiracy theories

Started by Seth Richardson in Small Talk. Last reply by Peter Mark Longdon 42 minutes ago. 8 Replies

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Rocky john 4 hours ago. 22 Replies

Marriage makes women fat?

Started by Logicallunatic in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 7 hours ago. 10 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service