I had an idea...I think it's a brilliant idea but I want to see what you fine people think.

I was thinking of planning a reunion for the members of TA, in "real life." I'm not talking about some atheist event with speakers or an "agenda," I have in mind to throw a party, but a party with "class." I'm very good at putting on events and I was thinking more like a meet up some time next year (2014), some time before school starts for the kids but not around any holidays, possibly next August. 

I thought it would be fun to have a relaxed atmosphere over a single weekend, (Friday, Saturday, Sunday sort of thing). Not a crazy frat house party but more like a beach house getaway vacation, somewhere that we can go swimming in the ocean and beach volleyball, sip margaritas and bring the family, kids, significant others welcome...a true reunion just to kick it and have fun!

I was thinking something like this should be planned starting now. I would want to make it low cost, simple, and just plain good fun. 

What do you think? Would you like to meet the faces behind the avatars?

I had the destination of Charleston SC in mind, simply because I have connections there that could provide an amazing setting, but I'm open to feedback. I thought SC also so those from Europe don't have to come as far, although I'm aware that there are TA members world wide so it's going to be harder some more than others, but the destination doesn't matter too much at this point. I'm just wondering if you all would be interested?

Views: 410

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm very much in! I would love to see all of your lovely faces in real life.

I should say though that I am my avatar so everyone is going to be disappointed. No big reveal for me.

I doubt anyone will be disappointed.

Anyone on Dominican Republic, let's meet up. Possibly in Santo Domingo or somewhere nearer to everyone. It would be fantastic to meet more atheists here.

Remember we have the Events Page that everyone is welcome to post to.

If you know of a local, atheist-related event that may be of interest, or plan on hosting an event yourself, this is the place to advertise it. Please contact Morgan Matthew if you would like to host an official Think Atheist meet-up in your area.

~Dan 

Admin.

Edit: we also have the Member Map to help see how many people are in your area.

SC is a little far from Hawaii. Sounds like fun, though!

I'm down, especially if it's in the summer. I'd prefer the East Coast just because it's closer to me. Anything farther west than Texas and farther north than Chicago might be too long a trip or too expensive for me.

RSS

Forum

FROM THE WORD OF GOD IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

Started by Stephen Gunn in Small Talk. Last reply by Stephen Gunn 3 hours ago. 10 Replies

It happened

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Emperor Milos 3 hours ago. 77 Replies

Lobby

Started by Glen L in Small Talk. Last reply by captain kingsway 7 hours ago. 8 Replies

Disorders of Sex Development

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp in Small Talk. Last reply by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp 17 hours ago. 13 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 19 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service