Hi, I'm Anjo Bautista. I'm 18, from the Philippines an atheist and lost.

I have been an atheist for 4 years now. But not long ago, very late I guess, I lost my sense of purpose.

Purpose implies the existence of a designer and since there are no or at least no known designer, there is no purpose. and that's making me lost.

So my big question now is "What am I suppose to do?"

You may advice the following:

Help other people

Do as you like (or follow you desires)

Do what you think is right (Perspective)

If you do advice any of the above, please tell me why.

A man once told me to set a goal but my answer was "Goals depend on one's desires, Desires depend on one's character. Character depends on the history of growth. If I do that then I'll just become a common man created by this mundane world. and that does not show worth (it's not about pride)."

Was my answer wrong? I don't like to sound pathetic but as long as I don't come up with an answer, then I'll be lazy as crap all through my life and sadly, that is not exaggerated.

Views: 455

Replies to This Discussion

Wrong? I think there are very few truly wrong answers in life. I don't think it was wrong. It speaks volumes of the state of your heart and mind, but it wasn't wrong. You must remember the the world only makes you if you allow it. Don't allow it. Sketch yourself fresh. We all lose interest in what we love, but the cycle eventually brings it back around. What turns you on when you are on? Do that? Or something else, but do anything, because you can make a difference to SOMEONE, and even if it's only one person- you win. You give someone else a little hope, you gain energy. Gain energy, gain perspective. Gain perspective, you gain momentum- do you see a pattern emerging here?

Look up, and eventually, whatever is there for you, you WILL see it.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Changes

Started by Karl Terrell Nightshade Jun 22. 0 Replies

Loss of sense of purpose

Started by Anjo Bautista. Last reply by Karl Terrell Nightshade Jun 21. 26 Replies

I want to get off now.

Started by Sarah. Last reply by Lewal Oct 20, 2013. 63 Replies

"I have cyclothymia" is easier to say than "I suffer from a mental illness."

Started by Sagacious Hawk. Last reply by Axcella Marie Zelensky Jul 13, 2013. 3 Replies

Bipolar Disorder and Art

Started by Carmen. Last reply by Axcella Marie Zelensky Jun 19, 2013. 7 Replies

Blog Posts

The Void of Silence

Posted by Carol Foley on July 31, 2014 at 11:02pm 0 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service