Hello all.  I'm looking for a book recommendation for my mom.  She is Catholic, and I'm not trying to convert her to atheism, but I think she might enjoy learning a little more about basic science.  I don't think she got much of an education on science at her Catholic schools all those years ago, and yesterday while playing a trivia board game with her, she was shocked and amazed to learn about the length of the human small intestine.  I'm looking for a book for adults that presents basic scientific concepts in an interesting and readable way and that stays away from religion.  Perhaps something that focuses more on biology.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Tags: biology, book, books, recommendations, science

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WOW... Jesus is here. Let's ask him stuff!

I'm sure I'm not the first to suggest this but, anything Dawkins! He has books on science and atheism that are all very well written.

RSS

Forum

Your kid's friends

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Belle Rose 1 minute ago. 9 Replies

Theo Van Gogh

Started by Stephen Gunn in Small Talk 15 minutes ago. 0 Replies

Theo Van Gogh

Started by Stephen Gunn in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 27 minutes ago. 4 Replies

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service