Okay I now that this is going to seem kind of strange.

My name is  Doug. I am a former atheist who is now a Bible thumping Jesus Freak. I am also a former journalist and currently run a facebook community for Christians.

Tomorrow I want to start a thread called "Ask the Atheist" where believers can engage with non-believers. This is not- IS NOT- an effort to try and convert anyone. Instead it's about building a community where people can talk about issues from every different perspective. The thread will go up around 10 am EST on Facebook...

The thing is I just need one Atheist to answer the questions. I suspect they will be along the line of : did you attend church as kid, are your parents religious, when did you tell them about your doubt, how have your encounters with Christians been- do they rub you the wrong way, or they always trying shove God down your throat.

I personally only know a few members of our on line community. But all of them have been very respectful. So if you are free (can be in front of a computer) tomorrow mid morning please let me know.

Views: 961

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ooooh, touchy --

Interesting, Blaine, "Josiah" only joined TA 16-17 hours ago. Suppose doug sent him an SOS?

Oh wait, you've gotten my interest again. This is fantastic. What is our secret agenda?

Too little, too late, you've lost mine. Go back to your flock, this board doesn't need a faux atheist. Or stay, as you like, but I suspect your effectiveness has diminished significantly.

If others treat you poorly out of blindness, I will try and shine a light. But if you see that I am acting blindly, please show me the way.

Now this is a statement lifted directly from your blog.  Do you think that it is a true reflection of your approach here?  You join a club, TA, and almost immediately pick arguments with members who are greatly valued amongst our existing forum posters.  Why is that? 

I take your point, I have behaved poorly here, thank you for pointing that out. 

My pleasure --

Say, are you related to Capt. Beefheart?

I love Emily Dickinson I just thought I would mention that to you I agreed with your post as well.

One of my favorites is,

"I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?"

So, Sarah Jane Hall, Hi, I'm nobody! Who are you? Are you nobody, too?

"Then there's a pair of us—don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

"How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!"

right on...that is my fav

Here is the first question

"wow cool ..i just dont understand how they think there's nothing greater then themselves
how can something be brought into life if life wasn't there to start the ball rolling so to speak?"

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service