It's been an interesting couple of years. Growing up in a missionary family, going to church as well as attending christian school have been, for lack of a better word, interesting if troubling. So it is nice to meet other people of a like minded state. You sort of become alienated when everyone you know and associate with are christians.

So I'm rather excited to meet atheists as you can imagine. So hey, I'm Ashik. 

Tags: atheism, atheist, excitement, introduction, new, relief

Views: 468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ashik,

I, like you am a recent member of this group I hope that it is a good one with some good discussions. Because most of these things are not that great but heres hoping.

Maybe chat to you sometime

regards 

Sean Mcveigh

What would make this site better do you think?

I suppose we could invite a few trolls, to liven things up.  :-)

Great idea !   I have done some trolling on Xian sites.  It's FUN !   Also, have had vast experience in writing letters to the editor of various papers. Responding to letters by clergy & sheep from many different flocks is a blast.   I've made many friends through this - & a few enemies.  More atheists need to speak out & refute the nonsense of Xianity.

Welcome Ashik, come on in the water is fine. 

Hello Ashik I totally agree I have many friends who believe totally different then I.......................after all variety is the spice of life.............welcome 

Welcome Ashik!  On the one hand the internet is great when it opens new doors like this and we revel in the newly found outlet for our thoughts.  But on the other hand I sometimes wonder if putting/getting our needs met here somehow diminishes our real world by taking us away from the very people who could most benefit from our insight.  Then I get over it and check my email...

Yes well, you can try and help, but most people will cling to their religion like a man in a storm, because they don't want to be mortal.  

I too grew up with a religeous family Christian school for 12 Years! Welcome welcome.....

Greetings!

Hi Ashik,

I also grew up in a Christian home. Like you said it was both interesting and troubling. I am so glad that others are finding that there is more to life than being caged by what any religious group spouts. 

Welcome. :)

Danni

It certainly is troubling, I've seen how they virtually brainwash adolescents who eventually refuse to even debate with me because they don't want to change religious outlook.  Thank... well I don't know who to invoke... Odin was cool.  Thank Odin for books.  

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service